2. Partners

A/N: Face claim for my OC, Adelaide Kane

We try to catch up with our target who is unfortunately blending in with the crowd.

"Which one is she again," Thor tries to look over everyones shoulders to try not to lose her.

"I don't remember. Our encounter was only for a glimpse of a moment." I hate myself for not stopping her right there and then. "I think she was brunette and she was wearing a black shirt," I say happily recalling the details.

"Like that girl over there," he points to a girl turning a corner.

"Yes that's her. No time to waste," I use my magic to appear in that corner where she had just turned. I take shape in front of her and stop her in her tracks. I pull out a dagger and corner her up against the wall. "Uh uh uh. Not so fast." She quickly draws up a knife and I feel its cold sharp end up against my neck. I look down at it and smirk not moving my dagger from her chin. If I move an inch she would slice my neck and I would bleed out in minutes.

"I thought I recognized you, son of Odin," she squints her eyes.

"Loki-," Thor calls out to see us both holding weapons against each other. We both look at him as he approaches us closer. "Drop your weapon now," he says with authority.

"Him first." I sigh before backing away from the young lady. She smiles at me as she puts her knife away.

"Good. Now I don't see why-" Thor gets cut off by her kicking the back of my knee as she runs away. We watch her run and laugh. I don't know why she bothers. I pop up in front of her and give her a smile back.

"Going somewhere," I smirk. She rolls her eyes and raises her hands.

"Fine, you got me," she says as she looks to both Thor and I. "So what? You're just gonna bring me to daddy and watch me get executed, is that it?" My brother and I look at each other with confusion and then back to her.

"Odin will not execute you," Thor assures her. "I'm sure he'll give you a punishment that fits you and your actions."

"I killed two of the Einherjar," she reminds us.

"Well now that seems like a lack on your part, don't you think."

"I can't die, okay," her eyes begin to water.

"And why is that," I step in.

"It's my mother. I did this all for her," she takes turns giving eye contact to both of us.

"You're going to need to elaborate more on that," Thor gives in to her little trick.

"Brother, how can't you see that she's deceiving you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You always believe what everyone has to say. You're too naive."

"I am not naive."

"Yes you are. And you not admitting it makes you blind as well."

"That's enough," Thor says and looks back to our culprit only to find her gone. "This is all your fault Loki."

"My fault. You're the one who was falling for her lie." It's never my fault. Some people would think I'm narcissistic. However, I would like to see it as being self righteous.

"She couldn't have gotten far," Thor swings his hammer and points it to the sky to get a better view. I don't think that'll work, but I do know what will. I pull out a strand of hair that I plucked off the girl from her head. I decide to leave the useless oaf to his gazing of the city.