10. Until we meet again

Loki POV

    We return back to the village in the ship without anyone having said a word. I had the gauntlet in my lap the whole time. I'm quite taken back. So much power is in my hands. It's missing the space stone and two others but don't worry. I will get it back some how, even if I have to threaten the girl to make it come out. 

   The door to the ship opens and we see Fariq run towards us. He spots Alice holding her stomach with one arm and my neck around the other. Thanos really did a number on her with that swing of his. 

   "Alice," he shouts as he takes her arm that's hooked around my neck. "You," he looks at me with rage. "You let this happen," he tries to swing at me but I dodge him swiftly. He knows absolutely nothing. I was against her being involved this whole time. I would never want her to be in pain. 

   "Baba, stop," she pleads. "This isn't his fault. It was my choice to go up there."

   "You're right. It's not just his fault. It's all of their faults. I should have never agreed to have you stay with us, it's too dangerous," he turns to me and Thor 

   "You're right," Thor says. "We apologize and will leave as soon as possible." Fariq takes a gulp and nods his head. He then takes Alessia back to their home with her arm around his neck. Thor sighs and then turns to me. "I guess thanks to Alessia we have our ship again so we could leave now." I feel my heart drop and my eyes dilate. 

   "No. There's something I have to do first."

   "If you're talking about the girl, you are out of your mind and we're leaving now," he steps into the ship once again. 

   "Please, brother. If you truly cared, you'd let me do this."

   "What's so special about her?" he narrows his eyes. "Why do you want the girl you can't have?" 

   I think to myself, maybe it's just that. Maybe I'm so allured by her because I can't have her. But I know there's more. She's pure, compelling, and mesmerizing. Deep down I know that I need her in my life. I think she can be good for me. 

   "If I knew, I would tell you. Trust me on this."

   Thor takes in a deep breath and sighs. "We leave tonight," he says and closes the door to the ship once he's in. Alright then. I start making my way towards the house but stop. Is this truly the best time to give the man and his daughter a friendly visit. I lick my lips and ponder what I am to do. I look around and then see the little rascal playing with a ball, Alice's brother. He seems to be playing a game with the other children. 

   "Psstt," I say from the corner loud enough to get his attention. He looks up and begins to run towards me telling the other kids to wait for him. 

   "Hi Loki, what's up," he says cheerly. I try my best not to roll my eyes. 

   "I need a quick favor from you," I lower my voice. "Do you think you could get your father out here to play the game with you?"

   "Why? Do you want to play?" his eyes light up. I smile in discomfort and laugh.

   "Yes, that's why I'm asking you to go grab him," I grin widely. The kid runs to his house and as soon as he leaves I make a clone of myself to take my place in this pathetic game. My true self hides behind a corner of a house and waits for Fariq to exit his home. 

   I run quickly upstairs to Alice's room. 

   "Alice," I say as I open the door. She rests her back on pillows and has an ice pack on one of her ankles.    

   "Loki, what are you doing here?" For a moment I freeze not knowing what to say. 

   "Please, we need to talk." She furrows her forehead and attempts to get up to straighten her back. I rush over and sit on the bed by her feet. "Please there's no need to move," I smile. 

   "No, no. I know a place where we could talk. I think you will like."I chuckle and lick my lips. 

   "Well okay," I help her get up and keep my arm behind her back. She hooks her arm around my neck and grunts. 

   She begins to lead me to the place she wants to show me. We now stand in front of a cave and I continue to walk. I gently place her on the ground against the wall. It's quite dark with beams of light poking through some of the cracks. 

   "Is this what I think it is," I smile. 

   "This is my secret hide out," she raises her arms and then puts them back down. 

   "I like it. The gloominess makes it peaceful." I notice her smile start to fade. "I'm sorry," I start. "Back there when I lashed out on you."

   "It's fine," she says. I walk over to sit by her against the wall. As soon as I do, she scoots an inch away and coughs. 

   "Are you uncomfortable?" I ask and she shakes her head. I nod. 

   "So, what did you want to talk about?"

   I turn to face her before I speak. "From the moment I met you, you caught my eyes," I smile while looking at her beauty. She blushes and maintains the eye contact. "I don't know what I'm feeling for you, but I do know it's something that I've never felt before. You're a pure genius for fixing the junk that we came in, I still don't know how you managed to do it."

   "Loki-"

   "Please, let me finish," I cut her off. "We've had only a limited time together, and I don't not want to see you tomorrow." I take a deep breath and lick my lips. "I want you to come with me." She gasps and her eyes dilate. She looks at my lips and then my eyes. She leans in and places her lips on mine. I'm taken back but soon enough place my hand on her cheek. The kiss is slow and sweet. She slowly pulls back leaving a burning sensation on my lips and I'm left with my eyes widened. She takes a gulp and smiles at the ground. I blush feeling like a complete kid who just had their first kiss. "So will you come with us," I break the silence. 

   "I'm sorry," She shakes her head. I turn my head away from her and frown to the ground. "This is my home. I can't just leave it. I know it's not the ideal place but I wouldn't trade it for the world." I turn my head back to her at the thought of home, Asgard. I take a gulp and look in her grey eyes one last time. 

   "Asgard. You must come and see it," I try to make excuses for her to come. 

   "Loki," she places her hand on my cheek and I smile. "You are someone that no one could ever forget about. I know I could never. Maybe someday we'll see each other again. And I feel it too," she says. "The feeling of not feeling it before. It's scary," she laughs. Are eyes are both teary at this moment. "And so no goodbyes, okay."

   "Okay," I laugh. "Until we meet again then."

   "Until we meet again," she repeats.