12. System failure

"Well this is just fantastic," Thor says sarcastically. "I told you to stay on the ship, and now it's gone." I don't say anything because for once in his life, he's right. This is my fault. At least I took the gauntlet, I try to look on the bright side.

"I haven't even met the woman yet, but I think I'll like her," Tony jokes. "Oh well, good luck with that," he walks back inside.

"We need a jet," Thor blurts out.

"That's funny. You want me to give you something worth millions of dollars so a kid can steal it from you?" he laughs.

"She's not in her right mind, we must go after her."

"I say just let her go," I raise my eyebrows.

"She stole the ship for a purpose so we're going to find out what she's planning," he says slowly. I sigh and roll my eyes. I don't see this nightmare ending anytime soon.

"Alright I'll give you one. Just try not to have it destroyed," he hesitates.

"I'll do my best." Thor follows Tony and gestures for me to come. I shake my head then walk past Thor. The ship he leads us to is tiny.

"On one condition," Tony says, stopping Thor from getting in with his arm. "You leave that here," he looks at the gauntlet in my hands.

"Oh no," I say. "If you even think that I'll hand this over alive, you're mistaken."

"Oh come on, think of it as a daycare," he smirks. "Are you gonna keep holding the baby in your arms, or are you gonna let someone watch it for you until you get back?"

I raise an eyebrow in confusion and turn to Thor. Is this man seriously comparing it to a baby.

"He's right," Thor lets out. "You can't even put the damn glove on so just give it to Tony and let's go."

"I can so put it on," I get defensive.

"Okay let's see then," Thor crosses his arms and waits. To be completely honest with you, I don't know if my body can withstand the infinity stones. They are, of course, the most powerful things in the universe. Mortals aren't even able to grab just one stone. Can I, a god, withstand three? I look at the gauntlet then at Thor. I don't want to find that out today.

"Fine," I sigh. "Here," I hand him the stones. He gladly takes them off my hands. "I'll be back," I warn him.

"Yea, yea," he shoes me. "You should be able to detect heat signature from the ship on the jet. Just ask Friday and she'll help you."

"It was good seeing you, friend," Thor goes in for a hug but Tony just stands there. Thor lets go and smiles awkwardly before getting onto the jet. I give his friend one last dirty look, then hop into the contraption.

As soon as we fasten in, everything lights up.

"Welcome, voice activation required." Thor looks to me with an eyebrow raised and I shrug my shoulders.

"Thor," he says.

"Access denied."

"Umm, Thor, son of Odin."

"Access denied."

"God of thunder."

"Access denied."

"Strongest avenger," he scoffs.

"Access denied." I can't help but laugh at all his attempts. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"Strongest avenger," he repeats himself with more emphasis.

"Access denied."

"Damn you Stark," he curses under his breath. "Pointbreak," he gives in.