4. What did you expect

Thor gets back from taking a closer look at this planet. 

   "Yup, no one's here," he says. I sigh and look off into the distance for Ryanne. No sight of her.

   "I'm gonna go see where she went." I just want to get off of this damn planet and be home already. I walk over all the ruble and sooner rather than later see her. She stands there throwing rocks as far as she can. I smile before approaching her with a couple rocks in my hand. I look at her with the feeling of spympathy as she continues to throw more rocks. I take a gulp before breaking the silence. "I know the feeling. Losing a mother." She chuckles but doesn't stop from throwing. I don't know if I should continue but I do to try and get her favor. "I thought it was my fault for a long time-"

   "Let me stop you right there," she turns her body towards me and fidgets with the rock in her hand. "I didn't lose my mother, okay. She's still out there," she looks off into the distance. "I know she is."

   "Yes, that could be true." She shakes her head and throws another rock. "It's probably for the best. I mean who knows. We charged in here without a plan whatsoever."

   "Do you know what I'm gonna do?"

   "What is that," I raise an eyebrow.

   "I'm gonna go back to find the children of Thanos, and trade with them." Not this again.

   "Do you not hear of what his plans are to do with all six stones. He claims that he can solve world hunger and with one snap he could eliminate half the population. We're talking about genocide, Ryanne. He's probably in a hurry to get them even more now because of what happened here." She squints her eyes looking at the distance. "Now I know I just met you, but I know you wouldn't want to be a part of erasing half of existence."

   "They'll come anyways," she says.

   "Let them come."

   She slowly turns to look at me in my eyes. She drops the rocks in her hand and pats the dust away on her clothes. "Okay," she sighs. "Let's get out of here already." I lick my lips and smile before following her lead. Yes let's do that.

   We walk all the way back to where the Bifrost had dropped us to see Thor sitting, waiting for us.

   "There you guys are. I'm starting to feel left out on these matters."

   "There's nothing to feel left out on," she says. I look at her and take a gulp. Nothing indeed.

   "Alright then, let's go home already," Thor grunts.

   "Home? No no no, they'll-"

   "Don't worry," he says. "I'll handle my father. You have nothing to worry about." She breathes in and nods her head. He smiles then looks to the sky. "Heimdal, bring us home."

   "Good to see you again Ryanne," Heimdal smiles. She gives the side eyes and shakes her head. "I shall inform Odin of your arival."

   "No need. We'll make our own way," Thor says. Heimdal nods and we make our way to see the allfather.

   "I don't have a good feeling about this," she starts pinching herself.

   "I won't let anything happen to you," I say and for a brief moment she smiles and looks me in the eyes. I smile back and we all take a deep breath before entering the room.

   "Father, we've brought the girl," I grab her hands from behind to keep her from running away. She struggles to break free but isn't able to.

   "I should have known," she stresses out.

   "I knew I could count on you," the allfather gestures for the guards to take her off my hands. "And the tesseract?" he begins.

   "Currently it's unknown. Only she knows of it's location so I'd keep her alive for the moment," I say. He nods and Thor continuously looks at me in confusion at what had just happened. I carry on out of the throne room and Thor follows.

   "Are you going to tell me what that was all about," he says.

   "We had a mission," I raise my eyebrows and smile. 

   "And the tesseract?" he furrows his brows.

   "We should be able to get it out of her in return for her freedom," I smirk.

   "Father would never let her go."

   "She doesn't know that." Thor nods his head and licks his lips.

   "Alright then, I'll see you around brother." I smile and we go our separate ways.

   Was it cruel of me to betray Ryanne? Maybe, but I truly can't help myself. I am the god of mischief after all.

~~~~

   I go on about my days doing the usual things. I'd try to learn new ways to improve my magic, hear back from my eyes and ears in the palace, and plan my father and brothers demise. Okay the last one was a joke but I'd still very much like to be king. I can't help but feel a slight bit of emotion towards Ryanne. I had turned her in and she's been locked up ever since. I think about seeing her but she'd most likely spit on my face if I did. Oh well, I have nothing else better to do.

   I make my way to see how my friend was doing. "I'd like to speak with the prisoner, Ryanne," I tell one of the guards. 

   "Odin says no visitors allowed."

   "Well I think you can make an exception," I wink. He hesitates but lets me through. I walk in a straight line admiring all the monsters my father keeps locked down here. I was once one of those monsters. I'll never forget the day my father made it clear to me that I was less of a son and more of a relic when he sentenced me. I stop and smile at the floor before looking up to her cell. I see her sitting with her back to the wall. "Settled in, are we?" I scoff. She gets up and walks towards me slowly with her eyes widened. She grabs onto the bars and I step back. 

   "Was this your plan all along?" she says. I lick my lips and let her to her imagination. "Were we even on planet Titan, or was it just a sick illusion?" I open my mouth thinking about my next words. 

   "Yes."

   "Yes? To which one?"

   "Both," I let out. She laughs in disbelief and walks back to where she was sitting. "Where's the tesseract?" I say again. 

   "What makes you think I'll tell you now?"

   "You want to be free, no?" I raise an eyebrow. 

   "You know what I want to know is, why you want it so bad?" she crosses her arms. 

   "I plan to return it to the vault where you stole it."

   "From where I've kept it, it's far more safe considering, like you said, how I've stolen it."

   "Believe it or not, I'm just trying to protect you, and everyone else for that matter because I know that the moment you think about your mother again, you'll run off and hand Thanos the stone," I spew. She scratches her head and doesn't say another word. "Now, tell me where it is so I can trust you and let you out." She bites her lip  and ponders what she should do next. 

   "You'll have to let me out so I can show you where it is," she gives me eye contact. I laugh and bite my lip. 

   "What part of me not trusting you did you not get."

   "Yea well I don't trust you either," she waves her hand and puts it down gesturing to how I put her in the cell. I scratch my head and look away from her dark brown eyes. 

   "Alright, I'll see what I can do," I say before making my way out of the dungeon.