14. I can't feel you

Loki's POV

   "Wanda? As in the witch who's powers came from the mind stone?" I ask to make sure. He doesn't say anything but moves to her table and starts taking the needles from her arms out. She wakes up soon after and raises Thor to the ceiling with her magic. With the wave of her hand he goes flying and hits the wall. She gets up from the table and starts making a ball with her hands. "Hold on just a second," I shout and make daggers appear. 

   "We are not your enemies," Thor coughs out and gets back on his feet. 

   "Where's Vision?" her eyes get wide, and she keeps her hold of the red ball she had made. 

   "Who's Vision?" I furrow my brows. 

   "Wanda, it's Thor. Remember, from Sokovia?"

   "Where am I?" she looks scared.

   "We don't know. We were just taken in, and now we're escaping," Ryanne says as the alarms sound. 

   "Ross must have woken up," Thor sighs. "We must go, now."

   "I am not leaving without Vision," she releases the ball in her hand. Thor nods and leads us out.  As soon as we step into the hall, multiple people come charing in with guns. Wanda waves her fingers and thrusts her hand to blast magic at them. They all tumble to the ground and she continues walking with her head held high. I'm stunned to say the least. Such a powerful woman, I'm impressed. 

   She stops in her tracks and closes her eyes. She opens them and squints. "Down here," she walks down the stairs and blasts the doors open. To my shock, I see a crowd of people in white coats gathered around the mind stone, and others gathered around a robot looking figure. I turn to her to see if she found what she was looking for but her eyes are wide. She tilts her head to the side. The sadness and confusion quickly turns into rage. She turns around someone in a coat who was working and grabs them. "Tell me what happened."

   "Please don't hurt me," they beg. "I'm just doing my job." She furrows her forehead and swallows hard. I hear a bullet from a gun get fired. The bullet stays floating next to Wanda's head. She stopped it? Wanda drops the guy in the coat and turns to the person who fired. He has quite the funny mustache.

   "You," she says as she turns the bullet around, and it goes flying into his chest. He falls to the ground and puts his right hand on the wound. Everyone working runs out of the lab for their life. She drops her head to the ground and then picks it back up, heading in the direction of the offline robot. She hesitates to touch it but places her hand on its forehead. "I can't feel you," she trembles.

   "Sorry to interrupt, but we need to go," I intrude in this very awkward scene she's having with an inanimate object. 

   "He needs a burial," she says with no emotion. Oh so it's a he, interesting. Thor walks over to pick up the robot and puts him in his arms. 

   They all head in the direction of the exit sign, leaving me alone in the lab. I turn to see where the mind stone was. It's being held up surrounded by a barrier. I grab and immediately put it in one of my pockets. I look at my hand to see a red mark the stone had left. I bite my teeth then catch up to Thor and the rest of them. 

   I catch them from a distance getting onto one of the many jets they have. I teleport in front of the jet and catch them off guard. 

   "Leaving without me," I joke. 

   "Where do you want to bury him?" Thor asks Wanda. She stops to think and I notice her pinching herself. 

   "Westview, New Jersey," she finally says. "We were supposed to grow old together there," she swallows away her dreams. Thor nods his head, then turns to power on the jet. As soon as the jet is over the city, I read a sign with the words "welcome to Washington DC," plastered over it. 

~~~

   We arrive to the town of Westview and Thor starts digging a hole in the middle of where a house was supposed to be built. I stand beside Ryanne, with my arms crossed, waiting for my brother to finish. Wanda, on her knees, sits beside Vision. 

   "You want to tell me why you took the jet and left?" I ask Ryanne. 

   "Unfinished business," she lets out. 

   "What could that possibly be?"

   "Odin was still breathing. I had to fix that." I turn to see if she's serious but she keeps her gaze on the hole being dug. No matter how bad I would like my father to not be king, I wouldn't wish death upon him. 

   "What?"

   "He took everything from me," she turns to look in my eyes. I open my mouth to say something but was cut off my a man in a red suit, Iron Man. 

   "You want to tell me why I just got a call saying that Ross has been shot?" he says in the air. Wanda slowly gets up and starts walking towards him. 

   "You shouldn't be here," she says. He looks around and spots Vision on the ground next to the almost dug up hole. 

   "What happened?" he undos his mask and lands on the ground. 

   "That's what I would like to ask you."

   "What? Okay, answer this. Did you shoot Ross?"

   "He tried to put a bullet through my head so I put it in his heart." Tony's eyes get wide. "I assume you had no part in this?"

   "No, I had no idea," he attempts to make his way to the body. Wanda steps in front of him but after some consideration, let's him through. He kneels to get a better look at him. 

   "This is all your fault," she says. "If it wasn't for the Sokovia Accords and Ross after us, we would have been living comfortably here." Tony takes a gulp then turns around to face her. 

   "I can make it up to you. I made Vision so let me fix him." Wanda gets taken, back not believing that Tony wanted to help. 

   "Fine, help him. You," she turns to me. "I know you have the stone." Everyone looks at me and I raise my hands. 

   "I have no idea what you're talking about." I wasn't ready to give up this stone to bring back a bloody robot. I laugh away the idea that she thinks I have it. 

   "Loki," Thor grunts. I roll my eyes accepting that I'm not going to get away with it. I make it appear in my hands for the crowd to see. The witch takes it off my hand with ease leaving me stunned. I'm learning something new about her every moment. When a mortal touches an infinity stone, they are supposed to perish. Yet I can see she still breathes from the same air as I do. What can this woman not do?