Chapter 24

My eyes widened in shock, and I was about to react when Aaron started laughing hysterically. He doubled over, and I slapped his shoulder. "Aaron!" I exclaimed. "We could be under attack!"

"Elly," he laughed. "It was just the movie!"

I looked up at the screen and sure enough, somebody had been shot. I probably would've cried if I was paying attention. "That was impeccably bad timing," I sighed.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Can I kiss better than Day?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope," I teased.

"Oh come on!" He smiled. "This guy has been dead for decades, how could he kiss better than I can?"

"He can't. The character he's portraying can kiss better than you," I chuckled.

He laughed and pecked my forehead before turning back to the screen. We both watched the rest of the movie in silence, and when the credits began to roll, I stretched my limbs in the darkness.

"That was an amazing movie, even if it was an older one," I commented.

"I totally agree," he said before clicking on the lights. I covered my eyes with my hands and groaned.

"That was cruel," I said. "You didn't even warn me."

"Sorry," he said pitifully. He helped me off of the couch and put my arm back in his. "Shall we go to dinner?"

"I didn't think you could plan this far," I joked.

"Neither did I," he sighed. I burst into a fit of laughter as we roamed the hallways. He stopped in front of a familiar door, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"I'll race you to the top," I challenged.

"You're on," he grinned before taking off up the steps.

"Cheater!" I called up the stairway as I caught up to him. His clunky steps slowed him down compared to my light ones, and I bounced up the steps with ease. I reached the top and eventually had to wait on him.

"How did you beat me?" He laughed as he caught his breath.

"Not only did I beat you, but I also did it in a long dress and four inch tall shoes," I gloated with a smile.

"Tell no one of this," he said solemnly.

"I'm going to have trouble with that challenge," I teased.

He guided me to a table set up similarly to our first date, and he pulled my chair out for me. The sun was almost down, it's last rays of daylight dying on the horizon. The summer was going to be here in a few months, and the days had become noticeably longer.

"How was your dancing lesson?" He joked while pouring two glasses of a golden liquid.

"It was fine until you came in," I fired back.

"Ouch," he laughed. "You're an amazing dancer," he praised.

"I'm not that good. I've just had a little more practice, that's all."

"No, Elly. You're an amazing dancer. Mother can't even dance the Illèan dance that well."

"You're probably just exaggerating," I denied.

"And you're far too modest," he said before taking a bite of his chicken. "Do you like riding Midna?"

"Of course," I responded. "I feel so free when I ride, like I could do whatever I wanted, and go wherever I wanted to go. It feels like a dream."

"Then would you like riding lessons?" He asked.

"Riding lessons?" I questioned.

"From the same man who taught me. I thought that maybe since you liked riding Midna, you could enjoy riding while I wasn't around."

"That would be amazing!" I gasped. "Thank you," I said genuinely.

"Anything for you, Elly."

I smiled at him and he stood up, causing his chair to screech slightly before settling. "What are you doing now?" I giggled.

"Would you care to dance?" He asked while offering his hand.

"With no music again?" I laughed lightly.

"I came prepared," he said with a smile. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box that began playing a soft melody.

"I'm impressed," I admitted while standing. I slipped my hand in his and leaned my head on his chest.

We danced thought the night, the music barely reaching our ears. We whispered softly to each other while stepping lightly to the music. We stayed like this until the music player died, and we danced to the soft buzzing hum from Aaron's lips.

"Thank you," I said softly.

"What for, Elly?"

"Everything," I said, my voice barely audible.