i.

✩ O N E │a venti gets mistaken for a starbucks order│✩

O N E │a venti gets mistaken for a starbucks order│✩

ANNABETH WAS THE FIRST TO GET OFF OF THE CHARIOT. Butch had barely landed on the skywalk before Annabeth rushed off. Aurora and Butch shared a look before the two of them got off of the chariot. Aurora watched as Butch shrugged his shoulders as the two watched Annabeth talk to three teenagers.

"You should probably go stop her before she throws one of them off the edge." Butch encouraged the sixteen-year-old girl.

Aurora rolled her blue eyes and let out a huff. "You just don't want to get on her bad side."

"Everyone's been on her bad side since Percy disappeared." Butch pointed out. He watched as Aurora's face fell and he awkwardly patted her shoulder in condolence.

"Don't be hard on her." Aurora quietly told Butch. "She's going through a lot right now and you know children of Athena - they always want answers." With that, she gave Butch a small smile before following her friend.

Aurora let out a sigh when she found her friend pointing her dagger at the three teenagers. "Annabeth!" Aurora called out, gaining her friend's attention. "What have I told you about pointing weapons at teenagers for no reason? This isn't a James Bond movie."

"It would only be a James Bond movie if she was holding a gun instead of a knife." one of the teenagers pointed out. Aurora turned to face who had talked and found a teenage boy with black curly hair. He had pointy ears that resembled an elf.

"Not until you tell me where Percy is." Annabeth seethed - making no move to put her dagger down.

The teenage girl with chopped brown hair frowned. "Where's who?"

"It doesn't matter." Aurora was quick to jump in. "What about your protector? Gleeson Hedge?"

The Latino boy shrugged. "The tornado snatched him and flew away."

"Venti." the other boy clarified. Aurora looked over at him and found herself gazing into electric blue eyes. The teenage boy was tall but most importantly, extremely handsome. He had blond hair and when Aurora looked closely she saw a small scar on the corner of his lip. His muscles seemed to be well-defined and his skin looked tan under his wind-breaker.

Aurora frowned. "Like a Starbucks order?" She looked around but did not see the popular coffee franchise. "Cause if so I would like a Venti cup of a normal life with six pumps of therapy and affection with extra whipped cream and a dash of caramel to represent the lack of a mother figure in my life. Would anyone else like to add? I think the order's pretty tall and I only have-" Aurora reached into her pocket and pulled out a few dollars. "Ten dollars! I think we could buy a chocolate croissant but-"

"Aurora!" Annabeth cut her off with a glare.

"Oh, sorry. Are you still going through with the diet?" Aurora teased. Annabeth was now contemplating Aurora's death instead of the three teenagers.