ii.

✩ T W O│dining with the romans│✩

T W O│dining with the romans│✩

WHEN ANNABETH GOT NERVOUS, AURORA DID TOO. It was a ripple effect and Aurora hated it. Her friend was pacing back and forth on the deck of the Argo II and all Aurora could do was watch. Annabeth had taken it upon herself to double check the ballistae, the crossbows, and even the white truce flag. When Annabeth had first checked the truce flag, Aurora had taken it upon herself to try her best to reassure her friend.

"Smarties, the white truce flag is up and ready for the Romans to see."

"What if it's not tall enough? What if they can't see it?"

Aurora shrugged. "You bring up a fair point. They might be colorblind. Let me check." Aurora looked up to where Jason was on the raised crossbow platform. "Hey, Jay!" she yelled up at him.

Jason looked down at Aurora. "Yeah?"

"What color are you wearing?"

Jason's brows furrowed. "Uh, several colors!"

"Like what?"

"Purple and orange!" Jason answered.

Aurora was satisfied with the answer and shot her boyfriend a thumbs up as he gave her a confused look. Aurora looked back at Annabeth and gave her a smile. "The Romans are not colorblind."

"But-"

"Smarties, you need to relax. Do you want a cigarette? Smoking helps."

Annabeth's nose scrunched up in disgust. "I think I'll pass."

That was how it went. It didn't last long as Annabeth continued to make sure everything was ready. As much as the pacing drew Aurora insane, she understood why Annabeth was nervous. She had every right to be. This was going to be one of the first times Roman and Greek demigods have interacted since the Civil War.

A prophecy was counting on them not to screw up. In order to save the world, both sides had to work together in harmony. So yeah, a lot was counting on this moment. At least Annabeth managed to "convince" Coach Hedge to stay in his cabin and watch reruns of mixed martial arts championships. Everyone was grateful that they didn't have to worry about a war-crazed satyr yelling, "DIE!"

Now that would be a sight to see...

Like Annabeth, Piper was also walking back and forth on the deck. However, Annabeth's pace was more agitated while Piper seemed to pace back and forth deep in thought. Her sister was practicing her charmspeak and Aurora was proud to say that Piper's abilities had really improved. Luckily, charmspeak didn't work on her and when Piper kept muttering, "put the weapons down. We just wanna talk." Aurora didn't throw her ring overboard and have a nice little chat with her sister.

Leo on the other hand was on a whole different level. If Annabeth was agitated, Piper lost in her own world, than Leo was jumping off of walls. But, he was running around instead. Watching Leo was pretty entertaining. He was like a toddler running back and forth with a Wii remote in hand. He had a mischievous glint in his eye and Aurora swore that if Leo wasn't handy with a hammer then he could definitely be Loki's son.