xv.

✩ F I F T E E N│piper's knife was right

F I F T E E N│piper's knife was right... creepy stairwells are a no no│✩

APOLLO'S WORDS SEEMED TO HAUNT HER. As she walked back to the ship, all Aurora could think about was what he had told her. Several others had informed her that her future didn't hold anything good. She had waved it off. Aurora knew that Gaea wanted her. Her sleeping enemy had given her an opportunity to abandon ship... and if she was still correct - the opportunity was still there. However, Aurora was already in deep. With each passing day, she dug her grave further down. Aurora wouldn't be surprised if she hit the core of the Earth soon.

Yet, hearing those words come from the God of Prophecy himself left her spooked. Apollo had never been one to go out of his way and warn someone about their future. She couldn't take his warning lightly. After passing through the Mare Nostrum, the feeling of dread had intensified. Aurora was constantly watching her back with her fingers itching towards her ring. Something terrible was going to happen, and she wouldn't be able to stop it. Not if Apollo had seen it already.

She found her way back to the ship, and Aurora forced a smile onto her face. She walked up the gangplank and found the others sitting on the deck enjoying some lunch. Piper was the first to notice her and she gave her a cheeky grin and a small wave.

"How did it go?" Piper inquired.

"Well, Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn took off with Annabeth via Vespa. I came back early to let Percy and Annabeth have a moment." Aurora said as she went to go sit beside Jason. She placed a kiss onto his cheek before she twirled her ring on her finger. "Rhea said that you would find Nico's location in your knife."

"Rhea?" Jason inquired.

"Wannabe Audrey Hepburn."

Piper looked over to her knife and let out a sigh. "I've looked and there's nothing."

"Think you can try again? They said that Nico doesn't have much time."

Piper nodded and grabbed her weapon. Luckily, Percy came back at that moment and they huddled around the blade. The light reflected off the bronze and a loft apartment full of Roman demigods appeared. A dozen of them stood around a dining table as Octavian talked and pointed to a big map. Reyna could be seen pacing back and forth - staring down at Central Park.

Jason's lips pursed. "That's not good. They've already set up a forward base in Manhattan."

"That map shows Long Island." Percy observed.

Aurora scoffed. "They're talking battle strategies. There's gonna be an attack sooner than we expected."

Suddenly, the view began to change. The apartment faded away and was replaced with ruins - a few crumbling walls, a single column, and a stone floor covered with moss and dead vines.

"We were just there." Percy said. "That's in the old forum."

The view zoomed in to reveal a set of stairs leading down to an iron gate with a padlock. The blade's image zoomed in straight through the gate, down a spiral stairwell, and into a dark chamber. Piper dropped the blade out of shock.