v.

✩ F I V E│sometimes stealing in the last resort│✩

F I V E│sometimes stealing in the last resort│✩

AURORA PULLED HAZEL AND LEO ASIDE. "Look," she said in an exasperated tone. "We aren't going to get anywhere with him - or any of them at this point. We need a plan."

Leo's brows furrowed in confusion. "I thought you didn't like plans."

"I don't." Aurora replied. "But the Argo II needs to be repaired. It won't take long for the Romans to find us and we can't keep wasting time."

Hazel nodded in agreement. "They won't stop looking until we're dead."

Leo winced. "I'm sorry." he apologized.

"It's okay." Hazel reassured him. "We know you didn't mean it, but we have to get that sheet of metal. Narcissus has his eyes on it all the time and we don't have the luxury to wait till nightfall. We're going to have to steal it."

Aurora bit down on her bottom lip - deep in thought. "If we're going to steal it, we need to go about it carefully. If we upset Narcissus - we upset the nymphs. We're on their territory, they have the upper hand."

"We're going to need a distraction." Hazel added. "One big enough to get Narcissus to look away from his reflection and give me enough time to get the sheet."

"It's going to be heavy." Aurora reminded the young girl. "And we're going to need a fast getaway. You think Arion is up for it?"

Hazel nodded and Leo watched in amazement as the two went back and forth. "What kind of distraction?" Leo inquired.

Aurora looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. "Well, the sun is still up - so, let's take advantage of the light, am I right?"

A mischievous smirk made its way onto Leo's face. "I like where this is going, Odi."

Hazel looked at them with a confused expression on her face. "What are you talking about?"

Leo reached into his tool belt and pulled out two sunglasses. He handed one to Hazel and kept the other to himself. "You're gonna need it, Levesque."

Hazel examined the sunglasses before putting them onto her face. "This will work, right?"

Leo let out a laugh. "Of course it will, sweetheart. Every now and then us Greeks have good plans. Have a bit of faith."

"Famous last words." Hazel muttered and Aurora chuckled.

"Don't worry, Hazel." Aurora placed a hand on Hazel's shoulder. "I have a good feeling about this."

"Famous last words." the daughter of Pluto repeated. Aurora and Leo shared a look and the both of them shrugged their shoulders.

✵✩✵

ONCE EVERYONE WAS IN POSITION, AURORA GOT READY. She double-checked to make sure Leo and Hazel were wearing sunglasses before she sauntered off towards Narcissus. She kneeled down beside him and watched as he continued admiring himself. "The sun is going to be setting soon." she pointed out. "How are you going to see your reflection? I don't suppose you have a flashlight or something?"