iv.

✩ F O U R│the self absorbed soul (not apollo)│✩

F O U R│the self absorbed soul (not apollo)│✩

EVERYONE WAS AT THE DINING TABLE. Piper had come down from the deck and told Aurora that she would watch over Jason. Aurora left his room before heading up towards the mess hall. Leo had tried to make the lounge as nice as possible - considering this is where they would all be for the majority of the quest. Whether eating or drinking, but mostly planning strategies.

The cupboard was lined with magic cups and plates from the camp and as per usual each would fill up whatever food or drink anyone wanted. Aurora had also managed to persuade Leo to make a magical ice chest with canned drinks that would be useful if they ever wanted to have picnics off the ship. The chairs were cushy recliners with thousand-finger massage, built-in headphones, and of course - sword and drink holders.

On the other hand, there were no windows but the walls were enchanted to show real-time footage from Camp Half-Blood - the beach, forest, strawberry fields. Aurora knew Leo wanted them to feel at home as best as he could, but Aurora only felt homesickness now. Along with the fact that Frank and Hazel had never been there before.

Percy was staring longingly at the sunset view on the wall where the Golden Fleece glittered in the branches of the tall pine tree. "So, we've landed. What now?" Percy asked as Aurora took a seat next to him.

Frank's fingers plucked on his bowstring as if he was playing an instrument. "Figure out the prophecy? I mean the prophecy Ella spoke, if that even was one. Could it be from the Sibylline Books?"

"I'm sorry, the Sillywine Books?" Aurora asked.

"Sibylline." Frank corrected. He then went on to explain how Ella must have an eidetic memory as she was good at memorizing books.

"That's why you didn't tell the Romans the truth." Leo realized. "You didn't want them to get hold of her."

Percy's gaze was still set on the image of Half-Blood Hill when he spoke. "Ella's sensitive. She was a captive when we found her. I just didn't want..." his voice trailed off and his hand made a fist. "It doesn't matter now. I sent Tyson an Iris Message, told him to take Ella to Camp Half-Blood. They'll be safe there."

From across the table, Annabeth laced her fingers together and her brows furrowed - deep in thought. "Let me think about the prophecy - but right now we have more immediate problems. We have to get this ship fixed. Leo, what do we need?"

Leo was glad to change the subject and put attention on his ship. "The easiest thing is tar." he stated. "We can get that in the city, possibly at a roofing-supply store or someplace like that. We're also going to need Celestial bronze and lime. According to Festus, we can find both of those on an island in the lake, just west of here."

Hazel nodded as she took in the information. "We'll have to hurry. If I know Octavian, he's searching for us with his auguries. The Romans will send a strike force after us. It's a matter of honor."