ii.

✩ T W O│this fieldtrip fucking sucks│✩

T W O│this fieldtrip fucking sucks│✩

AURORA LET OUT A SMALL GRUNT OF PAIN. She wasn't expecting to hit the ground so hard and a small groan escaped her lips. She thought she had landed on sand but Odin's beard, she was wrong. Her body was laying on jagged black-glass chips and a few were embedded into her tan skin. Let's just say she was off to a great start.

Even as a powerful being, the sulfur still bothered her. It felt like her lungs were screaming at her. She slowly picked herself off of the ground and brushed the black chips off of her skin. Aurora winced as a few tugged at her skin and a few drops of golden ichor escaped. After making sure she was glass free, Aurora's blue eyes scanned the terrain.

Where were Annabeth and Percy?

They had fallen through the same pit - so theoretically, they should have all landed in the same place or at least near. However, Aurora had never been to Tartarus before and there was not a visitor center with brochures to use.

Beside her, the river roared and Aurora could hear wails coming from it. She could only assume it was the River Cocytus and Aurora let out a string of curses as she thought of Annabeth and Percy. They had to have fallen into it and as much as Percy could control water - he wouldn't be able to fight off the misery and helplessness that the River Cocytus was most known for.

Annabeth was also injured. They had no supplies. There was no plan - other than to find the Doors. Gods, this wasn't looking good for any of them.

Aurora had to find them but she sure as hell wasn't going to yell their names or play a round of Marco Polo. This place was designed to kill them - or at least kill demigods. Aurora didn't know where gods and goddesses fell into this equation but she would find out soon enough.

The blood-colored clouds continued to float in the hazy gray air and Aurora couldn't even see the cavern roof. If only Jason was with her...

She quickly shook that thought out from her head. She couldn't think about the 'what ifs' right now. Not when her friends could be in serious danger right about now.

From what Aurora could tell, the black-glass beach seemed to stretch inland for about fifty yards and then dropped off the edge of a cliff. With a sigh, Aurora made her way towards the edge of the cliff. As she made her way towards it, her body was stiff and her hand rested on her ring - ready for action. She went downstream, following the River Cocytus and tried her best to block out the wailing.

Aurora came to a stop when she spotted something. There - laying about a hundred feet away was a familiar-looking baby-blue Italian car that had crashed into the sand. From what Annabeth had told them, that was the car that had smashed Arachne and sent her into the pit.

Aurora's skin tingled and not because of the shards of glass that had punctured her. She smelled trouble and trouble in Tartarus was even worse than it was back in Midgard. Against her better judgment, Aurora walked towards the car.