vii.

✩ S E V E N│the wrath of a goddess│✩

S E V E N│the wrath of a goddess│✩

AURORA LOATHED MEDEA WITH A BURNING PASSION. If she could, she would have already rammed her sword through the sorceress when she first realized who she really was. Now, Aurora may have to intervene between Leo and Jason so the two didn't kill each other. "Jason's always the star. He always gets the attention and takes me for granted." Leo spat.

"You're annoying, Leo. You never take anything seriously. You can't even fix a dragon." Jason's voice was filled with venom.

"Stop!" Piper begged, but both boys drew their weapons. Jason held his golden sword and Leo pulled a hammer from his tool belt.

"Let them go, Piper. I'm doing you a favor. Let it happen now, and it will make your choice so much easier. Enceladus will be pleased. You could have your father back today!" Medea told Piper. Aurora frowned at the sorceress's words.

"You... you lured my dad into a trap." Piper finally connected the dots. "You helped the giant-"

"Oh, please, dear. You'll work yourself into a fit! I've been preparing for this war for years, even before I was brought back to life. I'm a seer, as I said. I can see the future as well as your little oracle. Years ago, still suffering in the Fields of Punishment I had a vision. I saw your friend Leo here, and saw that he would be an important enemy someday. I stirred the consciousness of my patron, gave her this information and she managed to wake just a little - just enough to visit him."

Aurora's blood boiled inside her veins. "You helped her kill his mother. Leo, listen! Medea helped get your mother killed!"

"Uh-huh." Leo mumbled - obviously still in his daze. "So, I just attack Jason? That's okay?"

Medea nodded. "Perfectly safe. And Jason, strike him hard. Show me you are worthy of your namesake."

"No!" Piper shouted. "Jason, Leo - she's tricking you. Put down your weapons."

Medea scoffed. "Please, girl. You're no match for me. I trained with my aunt, the immortal Circe. I can drive men mad or heal them with my voice. What hope do these puny heroes have against me? Now, boys, kill each other!"

"Jason, Leo, listen to me." Piper's voice was filled with emotion and Aurora didn't know if she was holding back anything anymore. Whether it was her fear, her anger, her desperation - it was all present in her voice. "Medea is charming you. It's part of her magic. You are best friends. Don't fight each other. Fight her!"

The boys hesitated and Jason blinked. "Leo, was I just about to stab you?"

"Something about my mother...?" Leo frowned and turned to face Medea. "You - you're working for Dirt Woman. You sent her to the machine shop." He lifted his arm and a look of fury was on his face. "Lady, I got a three-pound hammer with your name on it."