xvii.

✩ S E V E N T E E N│escalating friendship│✩

S E V E N T E E N│escalating friendship│✩

SALLY HAD BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO OFFER AURORA A RIDE. The two of them had talked for hours and when the sun began to set, the two left the apartment. Throughout the drive, they continued to talk and Aurora told Sally about her time in Asgard, in the Underworld, and with the Hunters.

Surprisingly, Sally took it all very well. Which was nice for Aurora as she didn't have to deal with a panicked mortal. By the time Sally had parked her car outside of Camp Half-Blood, the sky was completely dark. The two of them got out of the car and Aurora grabbed Percy's suitcase from the back of the car. "Thank you." Aurora told Sally. "Not just for giving me a ride and listening to me. I just... want you to know that I've always considered you to be a mother figure to me. I know that sounds weird hearing it from someone like me, but-"

Aurora was cut short when Sally enveloped her into a hug. "I should be thanking you." Sally told Aurora. "Please be safe."

Aurora chuckled at that. "I'll try my best."

Sally pulled back and observed the Goddess in front of her. "Well, you look good for someone who's more than a hundred. What's your secret?"

"Immortality." Aurora bitterly answered. "Would not recommend this beauty treatment." The two of them laughed before Sally changed the subject.

"Well, I better be going. Paul will be wondering where I am."

Aurora nodded. "Thank you, again. Drive safely." Sally nodded before getting back into the car and starting up the engine before driving away. Aurora let out a soft sigh before picking up the suitcase and carrying it through the barrier. She looked down at her watch and found it to be past dinner. It was almost nine and Aurora could only assume everyone was getting ready for the campfire.

Aurora hated carrying the suitcase around, so when no one was near her - she snapped her finger and the suitcase was transported into Cabin Three. With that out of the way, Aurora was set to find Chiron. She strutted through the campgrounds with purpose and a determined look on her face.

Eventually, she heard music and laughter coming from the amphitheater. All the campers were present and each of them sat underneath their parents' flag with their siblings. Aurora headed down the steps and into the center of the amphitheater where Chiron was watching the Apollo kids lead the music. The centaur was watching a few feet away from the fire, and Aurora approached him.

"Glad to see everyone's spirits intact." Aurora stood by Chiron's side as she surveyed the scene.

Chiron looked down at her. "Welcome back." he greeted. "How were your findings?"

Aurora scowled. "Not as well as I hoped. Things aren't looking good right now. Gaea is causing trouble everywhere. I've helped evacuate as many creatures as I could and I used the Mist to the best of my abilities to keep the mortals occupied. Despite being asleep, Gaea sure knows how to keep things interesting."