iii.

✩ T H R E E│he can still only speak three syllables│✩

T H R E E│he can still only speak three syllables│✩

THE PAST TWENTY-FOUR HOURS HAVE BEEN HECTIC FOR JASON. He woke up on a bus and bam! No memories. That was always a pleasant thing to wake up to. Having no idea where you were, who you were (apart from knowing your own name), who the other people were - even if they claimed to know you, the list goes on. He just really wanted to press pause and take a long mental break.

Except, life wasn't a movie. Well - it sort of felt like one. What was happening in his life right now sounded like it could be a movie plot. Waking up with no memories was one of the worst things that had happened to Jason, (well, he assumed it was one of the worst things - hence why he didn't have his memories to exactly remember).

He woke up on a school bus, learned that he was apparently a "bad kid" and was now attending a school that dealt with said students. Did he even look like a bad student? He seemed to be the type of person to always help an old lady cross the street, raise his hand during class and would inform the teacher that he/she forgot to collect the homework, and so on.

Jason then had to fight a venti storm spirit by the name of Dylan, jumped off of the skywalk in order to save Piper, and lost his shoe. (The last one was very important.)

Now, he was off on a quest with two people he felt like he should know, and the other person was someone he had just met yesterday. Aurora Odi. She was an... interesting character. He didn't mean it in a bad way - but Aurora was a very intriguing person. Jason merely felt drawn to her. She had a smile that was contagious and her eyes seemed to twinkle every now and then. Yet, Jason had noticed that there was this sense of sadness inside of her.

He knew that there had been a recent war - and war meant casualties. There had been nine candles floating down that lake, and each candle must have represented someone Aurora had lost during that war. She was like two sides of a coin. One side could be playful while the other side was serious. Although she wasn't a daughter of Athena, she was wise.

That's what a war could do to you, he thought to himself. At least someone with experience was going with them on this quest. He felt like he had gone on several quests before - but losing your memory can really mess with that. The four had left Camp Half-Blood and were now up in the air.

The wind was cold but luckily Festus (Jason was still iffy about Leo naming the dragon Happy) generated heat. The grooves in the dragon's back were made to be like high-tech saddles - so, no uncomfortable seats! At the beginning of their journey, Leo had shown them how to hook their feet in the chinks of the armour and use the leather safety harnesses.

The four all sat in a single file: Leo in the front, then Piper, next was Aurora, and lastly, Jason. The son of Zeus was quite surprised that Leo managed to steer Festus with such ease. Thankfully, the metal wings that Leo had attached were working perfectly. Before Jason knew it, the coast of Long Island seemed to be a hazy line behind them.