Extra 10: Ray & Maria

It was deep into the night. Even with the darkness in her bedroom chambers, Ashnah amethyst eyes slowly adjusted to the lack the of light and she could see completely fine. This was thanks the First King of Magical Beast's blood that had activated in her veins from since she had arrived to the capital.

    Ray was laying in her seated lap with his eyes closed.

      Then suddenly a cheerful voice broke the silence of the room. "Asshhh!!!"

     A breathless gasp escaped the child's mouth as her heart sped up while Ray's eyes popped open at the ghostly visitor. Because of the contract between him and Ashnah, not only could they communicate telepathically, he could also feel the child's emotions. 

      The magical beast harshly scolded, "how dare you startle the Princess, appearing out of nowhere like that, yet again, Maria-san!" His voice boomed throughout the room.

Hot tears filled Maria's eyes. "...I-I-I-I'm sorry!!!" She instantly apologized. "I-I-I was too happy to finally meet Ash see again!!! Sorry Ash, I didn't mean to scare you!!!" She could only meet Ashnah at night and she just couldn't wait for their nightly chats.

    "It's okay. No need to cry, Sister Mari. I am becoming used to your sudden appearances gradually."

On hearing this, the magical beast exclaimed. "How dare you make the Princess become used to your antics?!"

    Maria who's tears had let up with Ashnah's statements fell free once more. Her sob was even louder than before. "I-I-I AM SORRY!!!!"

    "Cease with your non-stop tears, or you will give the Princess a headache."

     The cries continued. "I-I-I apologize!!! I am sorry!!!"

   Ashnah sighed at this. This was a very common scenario that like to repeat itself. ['Ray, you know what to do.']

['But Princess....']

['Your harsh tone caused her to cry.']

.
.
.

Later that night Ray performed cute tricks to get Maria to stop crying and smile. He had even allowed the teen ghost to cuddle him.