Chapter 10

This entire chapter is a flash back to clear some things up... Now time to do my homework T-T

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Within the Kingdom of Emphraim, it was a custom that after the bride had walked down the wedding aisle, her, the groom and the priest would head into a separate room where they would sign the marriage contract. They could spend at least thirty minutes within this room. They would use this time to go over the details and contents of the marriage contract before signing. Then they would go about the rest of the wedding ceremony.

When bride and groom were seated side by side with the priest in front of them to sign the marriage contract, Tazanna was not expecting this kind of contract. It was something entirely different from what she had learned from her bridal training teacher and nanny.

"Tazanna." Anzor called out. "You are only marrying me to assist and take care of the Morley Family, correct?"

"Y-Yes, yes I am." She replied. She was somewhat hesitant to answer in front of the priest.

"Then we do not require a real marriage. In my heart and even on paper the only woman, I'll ever be wed to is Ellen Smith. For she is the only one that I love." He declared.

"I understand that you love Ellen-san. But what do you mean by we do not require a real marriage? Did you not give consent for us to marry?" Tazanna questioned somewhat confounded.

"I did give consent for a marriage, but I never said what kind of marriage. If you agree to sign this, we will only be married in the public's image but not truly married. A sham marriage as I would call it." The silver head man divulged. "The profit for you in this sham marriage is I shall aid the Morley Family as if I were a real Duke until it is cleared of all of it's troubles. I should be able to do this within a four to eight years time period. As my benefit, if I finish before the eighth year mark but have at least did four years, I desire to be able to leave this marriage with no loose strings behind."

He went on. "You of course would not have to perform any wifely duties and just act like my cousin as you are now. I shall not touch you in anyway a real spouse should. And if you find someone who you love and have decided to marry to become the true Duke before the fourth mark time limit, we shall have a clean 'divorce', but I will still help the Morley Family to a maximum of one, two or three years depending on if and when you get married before the fourth year mark. If it's after the fourth year mark, I shall provide no help. This also applies if you just want to call the marriage off. These are the main terms and conditions for this marriage contract. " Asked Anzor. "Would you agree to this?"

Tazanna got the gist of it. Anzor would not marry anyone else, but Ellen Smith. Hence the sham marriage. He had decided to have a sham marriage with her to at least assist the Morley Family for four years, if she had fallen in love and had wanted to truly marry someone else; or if she had just desired for the marriage to come to an end before the fourth year mark. And if she did not fall in love or decide to end the sham marriage, her cousin could possibly help the Morley family for another four years. "I agree to it." She nodded her head.

"Then the priest shall go over minor details with you so you will have a better understanding of the contract before you sign."

••••

The day after the wedding night, Tazanna had sent her nanny to call Anzor.

When Anzor walked into the room, Tazanna had burst into tears as she sobbed.

"What's the mat-" Before Anzor could finish ask, he noticed what was wrong.

Even though Tazanna was in her night dress, it could not hide the numerous love marks that had blossomed onto her fair skin.

"A-Anzor, I am no longer pure!!!" She cried. "La-la-Last night.... I-I-I do not know why, but I-I-I had felt so hot .... and had an achy, itchy and needy feeling.... t-t-that I-I-I just wanted to be eased. I-I ... do not know what came over me and I-I-I ended up in bed with someone!!!" Clear mucus dribbled from her nose as she spoke.

Anzor's eyes narrowed as he thought. 'An aphrodisiac?' He used a handkerchief to gently wipe her tears then her nose. He embraced her patting her head. "Do not worry, it is going to be alright."

"I-I-I would not be able to marry someone like this. I-I-I ... am filthy!! Extremely filthy!!" Tazanna's voice cracked as she continued to cry.

"Oh Tazanna, you are anything but filthy." He tried to provide comfort to her. "Do not worry. I will make sure that not a word of this gets out. Who all has seen you in this state?" Questioned Anzor.

"Only.... my nanny."

"Do you remember the male from last night?"

"H-he has to be-be s-s-someone .... from our family. H-he has the signature Morley silver hair within a sm-small scar across his eyebrow."

"I will find out who it is." 

••••

Even after drinking the expensive morning after potion that Anzor had aquired for her, Tazanna had found herself pregnant. The doctor had himself confirmed this.

Before Tazanna could even say anything, Anzor stated. "I will take care of this."

Soon after celebrations were thrown that even those in another kingdom could hear.