Extra 01: Ray's P.O.V

I watched the newly born Princess as she slumbered in her cradle, warmly wrapped in a pink blanket. A familiar scent wafted from the little Princess which reminded me of His Majesty.

His Majesty, First King of Magical Beasts had bestowed more than half of his royal blood to a human's foetus during his death period. His Majesty's blood of course saved the foetus' life and he had summoned me from the kingdom to watch over and protect the child. There were two reasons why His Majesty had asked so: the child, because of poisoning had been deprived of being able to utilize a magical element; the second reason had been, because the foetus now held his blood.

A magical beast giving a human it's blood wasn't a first, but His Majesty, First King of Magical Beasts had been a first. And he had bestowed her more than half. To a magical beast, willingly bestowing half or more than half of one's blood to another being was making one their child. The status was the same of those who were originally borne from magical beasts.

The foetus had grown within a human woman named Ellen Smith and eight hours ago, Lady Ellen had easily given birth to the little Princess. But when little Princess had been born, she wasn't wailing how babies were suppose to when they were born. This worried me greatly. Once she had been gently tapped on her rear by a midwife, the little Princess had commenced to cry, relief rolling over me.

There was something peculiar I had distinguished after Lady Ellen showed me little princess .... her amethyst eyes looked like they held knowledge. They looked like the eyes of someone who hadn't just came into the world.

I sighed.

No matter. Little Princess was His Majesty's daughter.

Placing my nose against her forehead, even though I had already vowed to protect her when His Majesty was alive, I promised in the language of the magical beasts. ["I will protect you, no matter Princess. I will forever be your knight."]

••••

Eighteen months had passed from since little Princess had been born.

Because of His Majesty's blood running through her veins, she could have understood the magical beast's language.

I was sure it wasn't His Majesty's blood that made the little Princess so advanced. Even though I didn't knew much about human children, I had read many books. The majority of toddlers her age wouldn't be as advanced as her, even the babes borne from magical beasts.

The little Princess, even though she had sometimes slightly mispronounce words spoke in full sentences in both human and magical beast language.

"Ray, cwan you get my that book please." Princess asked as her eyes glimmered, pointing to the bookshelf filled with Lady Ellen's medical books.

The little Princess loved reading books of any kind and eyes would always glimmer and sparkle to anything book related.

"As you wish." After getting the book, I opened it and placed it in front of her. This book was a book about magical herbs.

"Thwank you." She laid down on the plush purple rug, chin on her chubby hands as her eyes moved from side to side.

This was a normal day.