Chapter 1 - The Family Dinner

SOPHIA POV

My name is Sophia Lauren Williams, the second daughter of Alpha Sebastian and Luna Madeline from Nightshade Moon pack. I'm eighteen years old and unmated werewolf while my sister Meriel Alyssa found her mate a week before her seventeenth birthday.

Our pack isn't much I could say about 40-50 people including children but it doesn't mean we our weak. We just refrain to take fights on our hands as much as we can. That's what my Dad believes in especially since some of our members are former rouges. The battle with the hunters was brutal only little people survived including our Grandmother.

Dad was only eleven and Sylvia was thirteen when Granny raised them. She helped Dad with trainings together with her friend Dehlia until Grams Shirley died a year ago. Dad became Alpha at eighteen while Sylvia charged of helping the pack.

Being the last child my Dad personally trained me for the Alpha position. There are physical activities that will test my strength on human form like running 10 laps, 100 reps sit ups and 100 reps of jumping rope. Last was fighting on my wolf form with my Dad surprisingly, I can't win even how many times we do the same routines.

After training my free time usually involves swimming and shopping. I'm currently doing my last lap on when my mother speak in my mind.

'Sophia, dinner is almost ready. Out of the pool and get ready.' She demands in motherly way.

'Mom I'm done. Be there in ten.' I get out of the water.

Hurriedly I went to shower since my Mom is strict with time and dinner. I wore my lacy black dress and paired it with black stilettoes. My hair is natural wavy so I dried it, applied some lip gloss and done!

'Mom can be annoying sometimes.' My wolf Ruby commented.

'I know but we love her.' I can feel her smiling.

'Let's get down before she tears our ears.' She joked while I fixed my hair one last time.

Ruby, my wolf is like my twin side, bubbly yet childish some times. She chooses her own name considering it's her right. She wanted to be called something close to our fur colour which is red.

'SOPHIA LAUREN! One minute!!' Mom shouted in my head again cutting my thoughts.

'I'm on my way Mom.' I checked myself one last time.

I'm excited today because I'll be seeing my eldest and only sister Meriel Alyssa. It's my Mom's idea to have family dinner every first and last week of the month. I missed her so much since we only see each other twice a month. That's why when I smelled her scent by the doorway I rushed and hugged her so tight.

"Meriel!! I miss you so much!!" I couldn't contain my happiness.

"Miss you too! How's the training going for my little sis?" Meriel hugs me back letting her mate's hand go.

"Nice to see you and Richard again." I hugged my brother-in-law.

"Same here Sophia." Richard hugged me then my parents.

Meriel, being the first born child gave up the throne for her human mate. Being a leader is not on her "forte" and I am more fit in the position her words though. It takes a lot of convincing for our parents to agree with her but in the end she won the argument. Later on they got married and live together so I was the only one left for the Alpha title.

"Trainings are tiring especially with Dad." I went to my designated seat.

"You knew well that trainings are important since you are the last one on the throne." Dad butted in his monotone voice.