Chapter 6 - The Hysterical Mother

SOPHIA POV

Nothing... Empty... Nada... Zilch or whatever term I can come up with. There's no one and to say we got disappointed is not enough.

'Maybe we are just being paranoid because nobody is here Ruby.' I sat to the nearest bathroom cubicle.

'I'm sorry Sophie we failed again. You are right maybe we think too much.' Ruby also felt deflated.

'It's okay we did try to find him and if we smelled it again then we grab the chance.' I try to make her feel better.

'I promise this will be the last time we will let it happen.' She swears with a guilt tone.

'Don't worry about it. Let's head back to my class Ruby.' I get out of the cubicle.

For the rest of the day we didn't smell the scent again. Ruby stayed with her words I know she's still upset for what happened earlier. That's why later I plan for us to run to the field later it will help us released our sadness.

After the last class I went home with Vanessa since we always do it whenever my car is off. She's also having problems with her mate because if I'm having hard time. It's worse than her she can't sense or even smell her mate not unless she turned eighteen and shifted in front of the guy.

"I can't just shift to every guy that has my same birthdate that's insane!" Vans exclaimed.

I held the pillow and throw it at her playfully. Thinking she will dodge it or use her power but she didn't.

"Idiot! I didn't say on every guy. Do it on your birthday ball." I hit her head.

"Ouch!" She reached the other pillow.

"It's on Vans." I get myself ready for her attack.

This time she threw a pillow on my face and our fight started. The feathers went flying everywhere and I was amazed how Vans managed to float them in the air.

"Wow! That is really amazing Vans." I complimented her ability.

"Perks of being an air bender." She stopped advancing.

We watched it move in synch until our breaths became normal.

"I'm appointing you to be coordinator." Vans changed the topic and I made an "o" face.

"But who will help me? You know I'm not comfortable with other people." I felt tense.

"No worries I got it covered Macy and Michael will be there to help you out." She comforted me.

"Thanks Vans. I really don't know what to do without you." I hugged her.

"Welcome Soph. I'm leaving the booths with you. It's up for you to decide what you want to do." She hands me the fair idea list.

"You are a genius! Anyway I better discuss this with Michael and Macy." I jumped off from the bed.

We heard a knock and its Macy telling us that Vanessa is needed in the library. She explained to Macy everything about the fair before leaving us to talk to her parents.

"Miss Sophia, thank you for letting me know about this things. I really don't know much with fairs since I go to public school." Macy admitted humbly.

"Just please call me Sophia. It's my pleasure so are you willing to help me back for designing the booth?" I squeezed her hand softly.

"Of course Miss--- I meant Sophia. What specific booth we will be making?" Macy tone laced with excitement.

"I'm thinking of marriage booths. It will be fun for mated couples or unmated ones to find their mates. Who knows maybe we could help them." I plastered a big smile.

"I will tell Michael to buy the stuff we needed. Since he is more out to the town with Princess Vanessa it's easier." She suggested and I list down the things.

"How do you think jail booth sounds? Is it too cliché or not?" I proposed the idea.

"It's going be fun too but what will be the reason for them to be captured? Who will bail them out or how long they have to stay prisoned?" Macy pointed out.

"Hmm how about we gave out some coupons saying they will be free after thirty minutes. Then whoever left in the cell after the time lapse will give the next rules for capturing. What do you think?" I gave my opinion.

"That's great! Thank you for including me in this type of fairs." She hugged me.

"Vanessa is my friend and so are you. Whoever Vans likes and trusted I'm on it too." I assured her.

Soon as we finished talking Michael drove me home. Few minutes more I'm on our driveway and thank Michael as he sped off. I could hear my mother's hysterical voice.

"Sophia Lauren! Do you know what time is it? It's already past 6 and you just came home now!" Mom dragged me in.

"Mom! Will you calm down?" I tried losing my grip.

All the way from the front door to the receiving area she didn't let my hand go. I squirmed but it's not working.

"Dear why don't you let Sophia's arm go." Dad rescued me.

"Do you have any valid reasons Sophia?" Mom folded her arms.

"Where have you been? Your Mom and I have been worried sick. We can't contact your phone it's off even your mindlink doesn't work." Dad soothes Mom's back since she was really upset to me.

"I'm sorry Dad I lost track of time. My phone got drained while I'm at Vanessa's. We were busy preparing for the fair it won't happen again." I find the ground amusing.

"This better be the last time Sophia or I will ground you. You are the soon Alpha of this pack and you need to be responsible." Mom started with her lecture that I always hear.

"What's happening here? I could hear your voices from half a mile." Aunt Sylvia saved me.

"Well your niece somehow forgot the time and apparently letting us know she's fine too." Mom begins.

Wish I have a power to silence her but sadly I don't. That can be useful most of the time with my Mom he he he!

"Cut her some slack Madeline I'm sure she doesn't mean it. Now go have dinner Sophia." Aunt ordered and winked at me playfully.

I mouthed thank you and proceed to the table. When I'm already stuffed I went to my room and thinking the scent again until my eyes felt heavy and soon drifted to sleep.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine