Chapter 20 - The Mating Permission

DAMIEN POV

Yesterday we had our last goodbye to Grams after the short necrological service. Her parents have been kind to tell us short story about Grams Dehlia and Shirley friendship during the last mass. I know my Grams she preferred us not dwelling in pain so now it's time to move on.

Eversince last Saturday I've been able to get to know Sophia more and her family. I'm very thankful I have my mate to think of and she helped me all the way.

Monday I'm back to school the difference is I'm picking up my mate. We talked about it and she wants us to take our relationship slow. I didn't want it but I love her so much not to submit on her request. From now on I will be her driver, chauffeur or whatever you want to call it. Since we are in different pack I can't mindlinked her yet. I needed to claim her first for that to happen.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:             Hi baby! I'm here at the porch. Are you ready? (I heard shuffling)

Sophia:      Just knock baby Dad or Mom will open up. I still need few minutes more. (She sounded busy maybe still getting ready)

Me:             Okay. See you baby. (I hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

"Good morning Madeline. I'm here to pick up Sophia." I greeted and she smiled.

"Morning to you too! Take a seat my daughter could take a lot of time. Would you like some coffee?" She offered while we both seated.

"Coffee it is then and thank you. Morning Sebastian." I smiled as she left in time Daryl comes in.

"Morning Damien. How are you coping up?" He kissed his wife.

'We could have a love like them or our parents.' My wolf observed them.

'Yes we will. Our mate will love us like we do I can feel it.' I am sure of it.

"I'm okay we are still moving on from Grams death." I sat on the couch.

"I'm glad to hear that. Damien I know this is not the right time but can I talk to you about my daughter?" Sebastian gets serious.

"Of course what about her?" I matched his tone.

"I know  both of you are at the right age and sooner or later you will do the... mating process." He started as I get uncomfortable.

"Sebastian, I know I can't fight the bond between us but I also know that Sophia isn't ready for us to mate.  I'm willing to wait until she decided to do it. I won't force her to something she's not willing to." I saw his expression of relief.

"Thank you Damien. I want you to know I'm not against it or my wife. We had it done and experienced too so we will not get in the way. We only have one request as a father and Alpha of this pack." His tone gave a powerful aura.

"Anything for Sophia." I listened.

"Please don't hurt her or reject her. It's not my place to judge you but if you tried harming my daughter or should I say, the Alpha's daughter I won't hesitate to declare war against your pack." He strongly affirmed.

"Sebastian! Stop threatening Damien." Madeline suddenly appeared.

"Sebastian I do understand your predicament. She is your daughter and the Alpha of this pack but trust me when I say this. I won't dream of hurting her because the moment I saw her I'm already in love with her. I will do anything in my power to protect her. She is my mate and my Luna." I claimed proudly with a smile.

In time I saw Sophia coming down the stairs and I came to her side and kissed her. I couldn't care less if her parents saw us after all she is my mate and I got their blessings.

"I'm glad we cleared the air but with the title I will leave the decision to Sophia." Sebastian tapped my shoulder.

"Did dad say something? I heard Mom said about threatening." Sophia studied me for a minute.

"No baby just discussing the recent attack." I know she didn't buy it but eventually I'm going to tell her for now I'll keep it.

"Okay." She nodded.

"Let's go? You still need to finish up the list for the fair next week." I held her bag.

"Yeah don't wanna be late." She hooked her arm to mine.

We bid goodbye to her parents and soon we reached the parking lot. The students are decorating the gym while I helped my mate around that's when I acquainted with her assistants Michael and Macy. Sophia introduced them briefly and their relations to Vanessa. They are nice and easy to get along with now I know why Sophia trusts them.

How could I been so insensitive?! I secretly scolded myself. She's not comfortable working with others when she's having a stalker around. I remember I need to find out about it and I promised I'll be with her all the way from now on.  While I'm on my own thoughts I heard the Principal's voice.

"Attention everyone! Since it's a week away before the fair we will have no classes but I want everything done and ready to open by Monday. The money we will raise from the fair will be going to Lanshaw Children's Home for the new building construction that's all and thank you." Mr. Langston closed the campus radio.

Everyone cheered after hearing the news. I guess Grams will be happy since it was included in her last will to construct a new building at Lanshaw Hospital. Now it's been granted and everything is in place.

Going back on Sophia I saw she's been busy and I couldn't help but admire her and her ass. Damn! She's giving me a boner!

'Set your lustful aside and focus on the stalker. Idiot!' My wolf scolded me.

'Did you just--?' I couldn't believe it.

'Yeah do I need to shout it out again? Lust later and talk to our mate about the notes.' He demanded.

'Fine but I'm not done with you yet.' I huffed and blocked me.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine