Chapter 36 - The Escape Plan

SOPHIA POV

When I gained my consciousness I tried to remember what happened. Pamela casted a spell and then everything went black. I noticed my tummy increased the size but my weight is decreasing. Our ankles and wrists are both tied up in silver chains.

"What happened? Where are we?" I saw Vans also stirring up from her sleep.

"I don't know Soph the only thing I remember is... Pamela and the tunnel." Her voice came out raspy like me.

We were in the middle of our conversation wthen someone barged in to the door.

"I'm glad both of you are finally awake!" A familiar voice called out.

"Garret? What's going on? Where is everybody?" Vanessa recognized the voice.

"Everyone is probably dead or fall sleep. Thanks to my mate's spell." He snickered.

I tried using the mindlink while Vanessa is buying time with Garret but it doesn't work.

"I can't believe you could do this to Vanessa! You and Pamela were behind this!" I yelled.

"DON'T YOU DARE RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME!! Pregnant or not I will not hesitate to kill you bitch!" He marched towards me.

"HOW DARE YOU!" I spit at his face.

Garret lunged at my neck forcefully as I struggle to get an air.

"GARRET! NO!" Vanessa commanded him.

"I will not listen to your stupid command! If I want to hurt your friend I'll do it." Garret didn't even flinch.

"If only you chose me against that pathetic mutt you wouldn't be here!" Garret gripped my neck tightly.

"Garret I'm begging you let Sophia go just tell me what you want." Vans pled him.

"I want you dead and your child can you give me that?" Garret finally released me.

"Yes but before that I want you tell me why you are doing this." Vans negotiated with him while I'm still catching my breath.

He confessed because of envy and King Marcus didn't pay him enough attention. I was more stunned after hearing Vans statement.

"I am willing to spare my life for Sophia's safety and her unborn child. Just let he go she doesn't have anything to do with this." Vans insisted my freedom.

"She wasn't supposed to be here but then meddling is her forte so Pamela didn't have any choice." Garret pointed at me.

"You think by attacking the Kingdom and kidnapping your own step sister will make King Marcus even like you? I doubt it Garret he will be more furious." I provoked him and Garret is now pissed.

"SHUT UP OR I WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR CHILD! THIS ISN'T YOUR BUSINESS!" Garret threatened me.

"Garret, I know you just wanted Dad's attention. If you stop this I'll help you along with Mom we never rejected you. I even accepted and treat you like a brother and Mom did the same. Does that mean anything to you?" Vanessa tried to convince him.

"Did you know that Pamela is also pregnant and you wanna know what your beloved father exact reaction and words to me?" His tone changed.

"Tell me." Vans shook his head.

"Your child isn't my grandchild and I will only accept Vanessa's child as the only heir of this Kingdom!" Garret is vented out.

I don't know if I'll sympathized or hate him but I choose the former. I can't blame him if he feels that way because he was being deprived of love from his biological father. Nevertheless it's not right for him to do what he did.