Chapter 21 - The Compromise Talk

SOPHIA POV

After Dehlia's funeral yesterday I spent my whole weekend with my mate. I'm glad my parents didn't stop me. I guess they understand the pull because their once like me. Plus, I have the Alpha blood in me same with Damien so the pull is much stronger. I got to know him more and I never regretted any of it. To be honest I want him to mark me from the moment I saw him.

'Then why didn't you let him!' My grouchy wolf snorted.

'Ruby, I don't want him to think that I'm being pushy. What's got you so grumpy?' I confronted her.

'It's just that our heat is getting near. We can't just possibly go around with unmated wolves.' She reminds me.

'We will figure something out okay? For now let's enjoy our time with our mate and take it slow. I'm just glad Damien settled with it me even though I know his reluctant about it.' I uplifted her dull spirit.

I checked my clothes one last time before I went downstairs. When I saw him talking with my Dad I knew they were talking about something serious. I didn't want to push Damien when I him if he is ready he will tell me about it. He might think I bought his alibi but I just let it slide for now.

We reached the school and I kept myself busy with the decorations. I briefly introduced Damien to Michael and Macy I'm glad they get along just fine.

I was busy until I remember my best friend. We haven't had the chance to see each other during this weekend and I feel so horrible. Something in my guts tells me she's hiding and I need to find it out especially if it involves Anthony.

I was broke out of my bubble when Principal announced there will be no classes and the construction of Lanshaw. I can't help but smile until Dehlia's last breath she cared about the children. I was having a moment when I felt the sparks ran to my arm.

"Baby can I talk to you for a while?" Damien grabbed my arm softly.

I was too afraid of what he is going to say. Is he breaking up with me? Rejecting me?

'Stop doubting our mates! He will not reject us!' Ruby snorted.

"About what baby?" I tried hiding my nervousness.

"You need to tell me about the notes." He finally opened the topic and all my emotions went flying.

"How long did you know we are mates? Is it prior to the notes or after the field? Did you write it before you meet me?" I bombarded him with questions.

I can't stop rambling so to shut me up he kissed me. Before we lose control I pulled back. I heard him growled but I just smiled.

"I can't talk if you keep babbling. Anyway I found out you are my mate from your scent." He winked.

He narrates the scent from the hallway to the field and it was Steve who found out the notes.

"So it wasn't you who's been sending them?" I figured out.

"Nope I only know about it last Saturday, the day I met your parents. Baby do you know by any chance whose been stalking you?" He cupped my face and I signalled my head no.

"All I know was I begun getting it Tuesday. From then on it's just keeps coming." I started to cry.

"Listen baby if you got the notes please tell me ok? I want to know who this bastard is. I swear I'll kill him with my bare hands. I will do everything to keep you safe. Don't cry please, it pains me to see you vulnerable." He promised and wiped my tears.

"Thank you Damien." I hugged him tight and his scent instantly calms me.

"I'm your mate and I will do everything for you but we need to tell your father about this." He kissed my forehead.

"Speaking of that what did you and Dad talked about huh?" I ignored intentionally his idea.

"Let's talk about it later. For now it's your safety first I will talk to your Dad about this and maybe he will let me stay with you or vice versa." He diverted the subject.

"I'm not going to fall for that I know you are lying to me earlier. Tell me first or I won't let you tell Dad about the notes I mean it Damien Harold." I won't badge.

Geesh! I just want to forget about the notes and kiss him. Thank God he can't hear my thoughts yet.

"Well... uhmm... you see he gave us his permission... to mate." Damien face turned red. My mate is so cute when he blush!

"Oh it's fine. It's just---" I finally realized and stopped.

Did I just hear mating? My Dad did what?! I couldn't believe he gave his permission.

"Yes baby you heard me right." Damien is smiling from ear to ear.

"How do you know what I'm thinking?" I was taken aback with his comment.

"It's written all over your face baby. We may not be mated yet or claimed but I definitely can read you." He smirked.

"Ohh." Was all I mastered to say.

"I also know your heat will come soon Pia. We might as well take this a chance to practice our mating." He touched my cheek.

"You think I'll give you the satisfaction. Guess what my dear mate, you still not off the hook from letting Steve watch over me prior to our deal." I tried to be serious deep inside I'm smiling.

"I know I'm sorry I didn't tell you baby but I don't feel comfortable when you are alone especially with this stalker. It infuriates me knowing he is running around somewhere." Damien wrapped his hands around me.

"Does Steve have any lead about it?" I became interested.

"Not yet but we are working on it. I love you Pia and I won't let anything happen to you. You mean everything to me." Damien confessed and I stiffen.

"I love you too Damien." I captured his lips.

After our make our session we went to the field where our usual spot is. We had a good time laughing and teasing here and there.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine