Chapter 23 - The Busted Couple

SOPHIA POV

It's been a hectic but great week for me and Damien. He refused to leave my side knowing there's someone after me. Since its fair week everyone is busy on their designated stalls and booths. All the coordinators who were assigned to the field are busy and running around like rabbits. I haven't seen Vanessa since last week and I missed my best friend. She's designated to other side of the gym while I'm at the field.

It's Monday and it's almost tiring us out but its fun. Macy is still helping me while Michael is somehow lost since this morning.

"Macy, have you seen Michael and Vanessa around?" I stopped cutting the jail coupons that we will give out.

"Michael was a little weird earlier saying he needs to be somewhere then I saw him sniffing the air. As for Princess Vanessa, she was uptown with Anthony." Macy continued tidying while I started to think.

My best friend needs to start explaining. I think that's why she blocked me because of Anthony.

"Oh okay thanks by the way can you finish this up please. I need to get something in my locker. I'll be back soon." I motioned the coupons.

"Sure." She sat down and I stood up in exchange.

I was on my way to the building and the thought of the notes crossed my mind. I haven't got any notes or flowers for five days and I'm thankful for that. I hope this anonymous stalker finally realized that I do have a real mate.

"Mind telling me where you heading and what's got into that pretty little head of yours?" Damien snaked his arm around me.

"I have to go to my locker do you mind going with me?" I faced him nervously.

"Sure baby. Don't worry we will know who is behind the notes real soon." He held my hand.

"Thank you for being here it means a lot." I pecked his cheek.

We finally reached the hallway and I saw a figure went ahead of us.

"Sophia! Have you seen Vanessa and Anthony?" Aunt called me.

I made sure to yell a little for my best friend's hearing. Who by now is busy inside the closet doing God knows what!

"No Mrs. Payne! I'm sure their just around the grounds doing final check-up for the fair." I purposely yelled her name.

"Thanks please tell that I need to talk to them in case you see them." She scanned the surroundings and left.

I know Vans very well but I'm smarter than her. I gestured Damien to hush and we remained standing as patiently as we could. After five minutes she emerged from the janitor closet with Anthony. I played annoyed but I'm actually laughing inside just seeing my best friend's is truly an epic.

"Explain." I tapped my foot on the ground with crossed hands.

"OH.MY.GOD." The first words I heard from her.

"Man, you are busted!" Damien grinned at Anthony while they're both speechless.

"Care to tell your best friend what happened?" I keep my face serious as much as possible.

"Soph... I... uhmm..." Vanessa stuttered.

"And you--- why do you have that I just had sex look?" I quizzed Anthony this time.

Vanessa blurted out that they were dating since last week before the fair started. She apologized and I felt guilty while I was busy with Damien she's having a fight with her wolf Rein because of Garret. I can't help but be happy for her just a little teasing is exciting.

"Maybe we should try it sometime." Damien teased me.

My best friend and Anthony were too clouded with embarrassment so she didn't hear that witty comment from Damien. I switched my eyes at him with I'll deal with you later. He shut up in an instant and I went back talking to Vanessa.

"Soph thanks for saving us." Vanessa hugged me while the boys remained quiet.

"I will as always. Now come with me while Anthony and Damien go ahead. We will follow shortly after Vans looks presentable." I ordered the boys.

Both guys kissed our temples and left. Soon as their out of our sight we went to the bathroom and Vans fixed her crippled clothes and her bird nest hair.

"Vans, I hate to break your bubbles but you need to end it soon before you and Anthony hurt yourselves and your mates." I cut off her thoughts.

"I know Soph. If you didn't come earlier I could've lost my V-card on him. Thanks for saving me." She bit her lip.

"No mention but what were you thinking? Why didn't you stopped him or Rein for that matter?" I questioned again.

"I had fight with Rein remember?" She reminded me.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't there with you last week. You were right about Damien too he didn't reject me so right now we are taking it slow." I squeezed her hand.

"I understand and I am also happy for you." She smiled big time.

Anyway we talk about her secret relationship with Anthony. She knows I'm not against it and I just want them to be aware about their actions. I'm glad she took my advice lightly.

"Let's head back to the fair I'm sure Aunt is searching for you by now." I pulled her with me.

I remember to pass by my locker while Vanessa went to find my Aunt. I'm praying there's no note but I was wrong. When I open it there's a black note with withered rose.

To my dearest Sophia,

You think I'm gone? That's not going to happen I'm your real mate but you choose an idiot guy. For now I will let you roar in happiness but I will have my sweetest revenge for your mistake.

Yours Forever,

Anonymous mate

Ps. You better watch your back now.

I'm shaking tremendously while reading the note. My hands are trembling and I'm starting to have a panic attack. I sat and closed my eyes while trying to forget what's happening.

'Sophie, please relax. Don't let this get into you. We should call Damien.' I heard Ruby trying to calm me.

'We are not yet claimed.' I speak as matter of fact.

'Then you know what the next thing we should do is. Let him mark us.' My wolf insisted and I made my decision too.

'I'm ready Ruby.' I almost lost my consciousness.

If there's anyone whocan calm me it's Damien. Wished I just let him claimed me so I can call him wheneverI can. With that thought my vision starts to blurry until all I welcomed the darkness.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine