Chapter 24 - The Panic Attack

DAMIEN POV

Soon as were inside the building Mrs. Payne stopped for a while since she was searching for Vanessa and Anthony. I don't have any idea where they are but I think my mate does until her Aunt left and Sophia motioned for me to hush. After five minutes we saw the couple red handed. My smart mate demanded to explain to her everything.

I know she's not mad because I can somehow detect playfulness on her tone. Since it's all about Sophia giving advice for mates I spaced out on their conversation while Anthony and I are just listening.

"How did you know we are here? Did you follow us?" Anthony butted in."Yup I did and you should be thankful because if I didn't then Aunt I meant Mrs Payne could've been the one who will catch you." Pia gave a serious expression.

"Maybe we should try it sometime." I teased her.

She gave me this I'll deal with you later I swear it's scary so I stayed and listened to them vaguely.

'You better shut up before our mate turn her grilling on us.' Crimson butted in my brain.

'Then you shut up too before I grilled you on your own eh.' I mocked and he huffed.

When Sophia mentioned about us going ahead I didn't object. I know they still need to talk so I kissed her temple and left. Once we head out Anthony is quiet and still thinking hard.

"Man, can I ask you something?" I got his attention this time.

"Hmm... yah sure." He cleared his throat.

"Are you sure Vanessa isn't your mate?" I creased my eyebrows.

"To be honest I don't know man but I'm hoping it's her. I can't even determine the sign since I'm not yet 18 and my wolf hasn't shifted in front of everyone." He sighed while we sat on their Committee booth.

"Don't you feel any sparks when touching her, makes you calm or something?" I wondered since he should know it being a wolf.

"I do but maybe because I really like her a lot. Hell I even love her man." He admitted.

"It's going to fuck up when you meet your mate. I'm not being bias man but Sophia has a point. Think about your mates and the possibility of the cause." I tapped his shoulder and left.

Meanwhile I suddenly thought of Pia she was supposed to go to the locker. I rushed inside the hallway and found her lying on the floor unconscious. I noticed the note in her hand and read it.

I didn't waste any more time I carried her in my arms and rushed her to the infirmary. I was holding her hand for the last fifteen minutes until she gained her consciousness.

"Damien." Sophia stirred up calling my name softly.

"Pia, open your eyes for me baby I'm here." I chanted to her ear.

I heard her groaned as she slowly opened her eyes.

"What happened? Why am I... here?" She scanned the room.

"I found you unconscious then I found this." I showed her the note.

She starts shaking again and almost couldn't breathe.

'Do something!' Crimson yelled so I called the nurse.

"What is happening to her? Is she okay?" I saw the nurse checking Sophia's vital signs and pulse.

"She's having a panic attack which is getting intense. Something triggered her that caused this. It's better to tell me what is going on so I can help her." The nurse notified me.

I told her briefly about the notes but that's it. She scribbled it on her clipboard.

"Is there anything she can take if this happens again?" I inquired. "I will give her prescription to take in case the attack went severe. It will calm her but of course you will be more helpful since she is your mate. It's best you take her home and just buy the pill." She advised then left us.

"Damien... he is back." Sophia started crying.

"Baby, calm down listen to me. You are fine now I won't let anything happen to you." I kissed her forehead.

She had tears in her eyes and I wiped them away. It pains me to see her that way.

'I swear I'll rip this guy's head from doing this to our mate.' Crimson growled at the verge of shifting.

'We need to relax Crimson not until Sophia is fine we can't just lash out and search the guy.' I calmed him.

"Damien, we need to stop him he knows who you are. What if he comes after you or hurt the pack? What if---" She blabbed but I stopped her.

"Shhh baby... calm down I'm here with you. I promise we will find him. Let's get you home." I helped getting her up from the bed.

"But the fair and Aunt will be expecting it to be done." Sophia reasoned out.

I guide her out of the room as I put the note in my pocket.

"I mindlinked Steve to inform Mrs. Payne you were confined here. She even recommends taking you home as soon as you are awake." I calmed her.

"Okay baby. Take me home please." Sophia pleads softly and hand me her car key.

'Steve, meet me at the parking lot now.' I mindlinked him.

'Okay. Be there in five.' He shouts back.

Soon as I handed my key to Steve we head to her car. I only let Sophia's hand go when I opened the car doors. As soon as she hit the headboard she closed her eyes. I kissed her forehead and let her rest until we reached their house.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine