Chapter 3 - The Exciting News

SOPHIA POV

It's Monday and the school starts again. I'm currently on senior year at Roundhay School with Vanessa where Aunt Sylvia is teaching. Speaking of her she drove me to Vans place since we go together.

"Good morning Ms. Sophia." The guard greeted me outside the pathway.

His name is Michael and the guardian and Vans chauffeur as well.

"Morning Michael. Let me guess, she's still sleeping?" I referred to Vanessa.

"As always and only you can wake the stubborn Princess." He chuckled.

"Let's start her human alarm clock then courtesy of me." I giggled while making my way to the stairs.

"Good luck!" Michael nodded and head back outside when I bumped to someone.

"Pardon me Marcus I didn't mean it. I zone out thinking of how to wake up Vanessa." I bowed but he hugged me instead of.

King Marcus and Queen Victoria or Vicky is my bestie's parents. They also kind hearted and treated me the same. I never felt different when I'm with them even the people here are nice. "Hush now child I'm more excited to know your plans to wake up my daughter." Marcus speaks with amusement.

"How about a bucket of ice?" I gulped thinking he might not like it.

"Wonderful! I'll tell her maiden to get it. I just hope she won't use her power with you that much like last time." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

I found out about her powers when she was 7 years old. She has abilities and possessed two elemental powers specifically air and earth bending. We play with it secretly until her parents found out but they didn't punish Vanessa they just explained why she can't use it.

"She won't Marcus plus I promise to remind her everyday. Thanks for trusting me." I hugged him back.

"You're like a daughter to us too. We love you and trust you. Anyway, I'm leaving you now Victoria is at the dining area preparing breakfast. Go knock now before you both get late." He left in time Macy came.

"Hey Macy! Thanks for this. You better go before the dragon wakes up." I greeted her happily taking the bucket.

"Hi Ms. Sophia. It's nice you are in charge of waking up the Highness." She gave me a warm smile and left.

I inhaled deeply and start to pound at the door. Since my best friend is not a morning person I always ended up waking her up every school day. Her parents didn't mind it at all since they know I'm the only one she can't complain with.

"VANESSA JASMINE GET UR BUTT OFF THE BED WE'RE LATE!!" I started screaming by the door.

"Urggggghh!" Was all I heard.

I know she will try to get back to sleep again so I opened the door with the bucket. Soon I started pouring the ice on her pjs.

"YOU ASKED FOR IT!" I gave her the coldest alarm ever.

"AHHH!!" She screamed while I'm covering my now deaf ears.

"I WARNED YOU AND QUIT YELLING!" I matched her tone. 

"ARE YOU CRAZY!!" She started taking the ice off of her.

"Yeah I'm your only crazy best friend. Now I want you out of bed in three seconds Missy or another bucket is coming." I threatened.

"Fine! Be thankful you are my best friend!" She rushed to the bathroom like a lightning bolt.

"VANS five minutes!! I swear you are going to school half naked!!" I yelled again.

"Don't you ever shut up? It's way too early and you're damaging my hearing senses." She complains while covering her ears.

"Stop whining Missy and get moving!" She countered impatiently.

Soon enough she emerged from the shower and dress up in fast motion. After about six minutes of she was done. Thank God!

"Now come on I'm hungry!" I dragged her downstairs.

"Okay. Okay! Slow down geesh!!" She rolled her eyes while we proceed to the dining area with her parents.

We've been friends since Kindergarten and we never get into fight. She's a royal blood meaning a Pura Lupus while I'm a true blood means for Alphas for rouges. Vanessa is an only child or should I say Princess of Cardovy Kingdom and it never became an issue to us. In fact we love each other like sisters so I trusted her with my family secrets too.

"Morning Princess and Ms. Sophia." One of their butlers bowed.

"I know you could get her up to bed." Vicky smiled at me.

"I'm her best alarm clock Vicky." I giggled.

"Why you always ganged up with Soph?" Vans acting she is hurt.

"Well... we." I tried holding my laugh.

"I'm going to get back on you on this." She smiled wickedly while I gulped.

Oh geesh! I know it will happen sooner than I expected it.

"Anyway have you thought of the theme for your birthday Vanessa?" Her Mom changed the topic.

Knowing Vans she doesn't want any parties or luxury considering she's a Princess. All she wants was a simple yet meaningful gift so when they begin arguing about it I butted in and saved my bestie.

"I have an idea. I think masquerade ball is appropriate on since it's her day to find her mate." I gave Vans hand a light squeezed as a sign of I got you on this.

Good thing they approved on my idea but with Vans condition of no balloons and pink colours. Since she's a Daddy's girl Marcus will say no to her at the end Victoria come to terms. I was still eating and listening on their planning when Victoria called my attention.

"Sophia I want you to tell your parents Alpha Sebastian and Luna Madeline about the party too okay?" Victoria invited me.

"I will Vicky I'm really excited for you Vans. It's going to be fun!" I exclaimed smiling like there's no tomorrow.

Soon as Vans and I finished our breakfast and we both stood up. We kissed her parents cheeks and bid goodbye while gathering our things.

"Be safe girls." Vicky called out as we went to Vans car and off to school.

Since my car is still at the auto shop for a week due to maintenance Vanessa offered the ride since she won't allow me to take bus. She got a Jaguar X-type same colour as mine but different car brand. Our ride was filled with comfortable silent with some little talk and there until we reached the school's parking.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine