Chapter 4 - The Predicted Hunch

DAMIEN POV

Exactly seven in the morning my alarm wakes me up reminding me it's Monday. Soon as my eyes opened I went to shower and get ready. I'm supposed to graduate last year but the pack got some issues so I was behind but good thing it's my last year now at Roundhay School.

"Morning Mom! Where's the rest?" I kissed her forehead.

"Your father left early to meet someone important. I heard him say something about the Nightshade Moon pack." Mom filled me in seeing my confusion.

"What about Ester and Matthew?" I go around the dinning.

"They visited the pack doctor because she felt pain. It's only you, me and Steve that will be having breakfast." She replied while sipping her coffee.

"I see. Hope Ester will be okay and the baby." I gave my sympathy.

Soon enough my cousin arrived at the table and gave me a brief nod.

"Morning." Steve greeted in dull tone that made us worried.

"Man what happened to you?" My verdict he is unwell.

"Steve I noticed you look pale since yesterday are you alright?" Mom touched his face.

"I don't know really I felt my body suddenly weakened." He chewed a piece of baguette.

"Here take some tea it might get you better. It would be best if you don't attend your class today." Mom offered the cup.

"But I already missed so much in my lessons Hillary." Steve reasoned out.

"Mom is right cous I'll just talk to Mr. Langston." I supported her and Steve sighed meaning we won.

Before Mom could say anything somebody came in the kitchen.

"Morning everyone. Hey sis! We're back!" Aunt Grace greeted us with Uncle Simon in tow.

It was unexpected since they are scheduled to be back from their travel in two days. It was my Dad's gift to them as retirement holiday after working long enough as Beta of our pack. Her husband Simon is my favourite Uncle.

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here? It's not that I'm complaining but isn't too early?" Steve stands up kissing and hugging his parents.

"Your Mom wanted to go home soon. She decided to shorten the trip since she sense you are not well. Hey Damien!" Uncle Simon patted my shoulder.

"He is not well Henry. Oh my! What happened to my baby?" Aunt touched Steve's forehead.

I coughed to hide my laughter but it's not helping. Steve glared at me.

"Mom, I'm not baby anymore for fu--Foodness sake!" Steve almost cursed.

We all know cursing in front of our parents is the biggest rule ever existed.

"Damien Harold! My favourite nephew! I missed you, my boy!" Aunt Grace hugged me.

This time it was my turn to frown and Steve's laugh.

'Karma is a bitch cousin! Ha ha ha' Steve mindlinked me and I scoffed.

'How long do they have to treat us like a child?' I mentally groaned.

"As much as I would love this conversation I'm starving plus Damien needs to attend school." Uncle Simon saves me from the tight hug. He just knows when to cut us off from his wife.

"Okay enough of these sweet talks. Steve what is it you are complaining earlier with your Aunt?" Aunt Grace gets on her seat.

"I'm just telling him to stay in here since he doesn't feel good but being a good boy he wants to go to school still." Mom ruffled Steve's hair.

Steve is her favourite nephew just like Aunt Grace with me.

"Yeah your Aunt is right you better stay here my baby. I'll make you some chicken soup to make you feel better." Aunt Grace reprimands Steve.

"Our teachers might not allow us to graduate this year." Steve tried his way out for his soon dilemma.

"Speaking of teachers I already talked to Principal Langston and also to Mr. Thompson about you coming back to school." Mom stopped reading the newspaper.

"What did he say Mom?" I munched my food.

"There is no need for make-up classes eventhough there's two months of absence but both of you need to join the football team again." Mom replied while I'm sipping my orange juice.

"It's totally fine we missed playing in the field. I remember it was an epic winning the championship." Steve thinking of the game I bet.

"Yeah but without Captain Anthony's help we won't make it." I think back.

"It's settled then just go to Thompson and let him know your decision. Finish your breakfast Damien before you get late." Mom placed her napkin on the table.

"Man, do you mind taking my notes from the class. Since I know Mom and Hillary won't allow me to attend class." Steve favoured.

"Sure man just rest and I'll handle Coach Thompson. Enjoy the chicken soup for me eh." I tapped his shoulder with a teasing tone.

"Don't start. It's already killing me being inside the house with them anyway thanks in advance." His tone filled with regrets.

All I could do is silently laugh and block him from my thoughts. I get my things and the car key in the bedroom then head out to school. Soon enough I'm outside the Principal's office. Suddenly my wolf gets tensed and it cost me to be irritated.

'What's got you antsy Crimson?' I grunted.

'I don't know but I felt our mate is somewhere around here.' He jittery replied while I scanned the hallway.

'There's nobody here and we've been here since we started our school. If she is here then we already figured who it is.' I said logically.

'I know but we're not eighteen back then so maybe now it's going to be different. We can finally smell her scent.' Crimson insisted as I thought of the possibility.

'Could be but for now please stop it I need to talk to Principal soon. If you keep up with this emotion I can't focus.' I kindly requested and I'm glad he listens.

'Fine but as soon as you are done we will look for her okay? I have guts she is really here.' He compromised with condition.

'Of course! Now let's knock before the Principal gets mad.' I closed our conversation and blocked him.

After the secretary called me to get I saw the Principal seating on his chair.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine