Chapter 6

I can't believe Lorenzo is saving my ass for the third time

I can't believe Lorenzo is saving my ass for the third time. He dropped me off yesterday and he's been calling to check on me from time to time. He's so sweet and kind. We have work this morning but he insists that I stay home. I had to fight him on this one, I didn't want to stay here all day and be bored out of my mind.

So now I'm getting ready to head through the door. As I'm grabbing my things to leave I realized I didn't have my car keys and that my car was at the house. I checked the time to see if I could make it to the bus stop in time. I hurried downstairs and walked through the lobby. As I started making my journey down the sidewalk I receive a text.

'Turn around'

I looked behind me to see Lorenzo stepping out of his sleek grey car. He was making his way over to me.

"You thought I was gonna let you walk to work?"

"I was actually headed to the bus stop."

"Come on," His hands went to my lower back as he guided me to his car.

He opened to door for me and we made our way to work, we engaged in small talk on the way. Part of me was worried what people would say if they if they saw us coming in together, but I'm sure I can dodge them for today. We parked the car and walked inside the elevator, Dante came in from the first floor.

"Morning boss." Lorenzo gave him a brief nod. "Good morning Samai."

"Morning Dante." I greeted him with a smile.

I saw the way Lorenzo looked between us before he turned his gaze back to the doors. Once the lift got to the 7th floor Dante was a bout to step off.

"See you for lunch?" As I was about respond Lorenzo answered for me.

"She can't, Ms. Johnson will be spending her lunch hour with me." Dante looked between Lorenzo and I before responding.

"Oh okay, I'll see you around then." He looked disappointed as he stepped off the lift.

"I'm spending my lunch with you?" I turned my attention to Lorenzo.

"Yes." Was all he said.

"Is it work related?"

"No Samai."

"So what is it then?"

"Just two people having lunch."

"You didn't even ask me." We were now at our floor. We stepped off and we're now standing in front of my desk.  

"Will you have lunch with me?" I rolled my eyes at him.

He took a step forward so he could get closer to me. He used his index finger to lift my chin. "Don't roll your eyes at me Samai." He used his thumb to caress my cheek and let out a small sigh. "I'm sorry, I should've asked. But will you have lunch with me?" He looked hopeful.