Chapter 38

Wedding Day

Wedding Day

"You okay?" Yasmine asked.

"You know? Weirdly I am. Thank you guys for being a part of this,"

"If I didn't get an invite I woulda came up here guns blazing," Kaia had a serious look on her face. "You look beautiful Mai,"

"Così bello," (So beautiful) Maria says from behind me. "Can I have a moment alone with my daughter-in-law?"

"We'll be right outside," Yasmine, Kaia, and Allison walked outside. I turned to Maria and she held my hands in hers.

"My beautiful girl, even though you're already a part of the family, I'd like to formally welcome you. Only god knows how Ren got you to date him but I'm happy. Thank you for being patient with him. I have a lot to thank you for but most importantly thank you for saving my family and bringing Allison home. I'm so very grateful for you and that's why I'd like to give you this," She held out a silver diamond encrusted necklace with a round diamond pendant.

"My mother gave it to me on my wedding day and her mother before that and so on. Anyway, you don't have to wear it today but I wanted to give it to you as my daughter."

Hearing her call me her daughter stirred something within me. It was now that I wished Mary and David were here to experience this with me. I promised my self I wouldn't cry today and now I'm pretty close to it. A lone tear escaped as I took the necklace from her hand.

"No no no, not on your big day. I forbid it" She wiped the tear that slipped.

"I can't help it," I let out a crying giggle. "Maria, thank you for this, thank you for making me feel welcomed and thank you for accepting me as your daughter. Would you mind?" I held the necklace up to her and she smiled brightly. I turned around and she clasped it around my neck.

"PLACES PEOPLE, CHOP CHOP, GRAB YOUR GREMLINS- I MEAN CHILDREN AND GET THEM SEATED, THANK YOU." Chase walked over to us. "She is beauty, she is grace, she is elegance and she is my best friend," His eyes were glossed with tears as he held my hand. I knew I wouldn't be able to hold it in if he cried. "I'm so immensely happy and proud of you, I love you girlie."

"I love you too Chase , thank you for everything." I pulled him in for a hug.

"Alright it's time. Mama Moretti make your way out and take your seat at the front, everyone's already lined up waiting we just need the bride."

Maria pulls me in to kiss my cheek before she made her way out the door. I thought my nerves would start kicking in by now but I felt oddly calm.

"You ready?"

"Yea,"

Chase brought me out to the front where the bridesmaids and groomsmen were waiting. The line up was Ale, Dario, and Liam for the groomsmen. Kaia, Allison and Yasmine as the bridesmaids.