Chapter 32

The first thing I hear are sounds of a beep getting louder

What the hell?

Everything around me is white and bright and I am seriously confused.

"Hello?" I spun around and saw nothing. The beeping just kept getting louder and I was starting to panic.

As my breathing started to get more erratic I felt something grab my hand. I looked to the side to see Lorenzo holding my hand with blood gushing from his torso while laying on a hospital bed.

"I love you Samai, don't cry" I reached up and touch my cheeks and there indeed was tears streaming down.

The event that happened at my house came rushing back to me. Dante shot Lorenzo. I turned back to Lorenzo and he wasn't there.

"Enzo!?" I spun around and he was nowhere in sight.

The sound of the beeping turned into a flatline sound that kept getting louder and louder. The sound was coming from everywhere and created an intense ringing in my ear.

I closed my eyes and fell to my knees covering my ears.

Once I opened my eyes again I was in a hospital room. I looked around and saw concerned faces all around. Maria, Chase, Allison, and Dario. I tried to move my hands but I realized one was being held. I looked over to see Lorenzo in his own hospital bed while holding my hand, he was sleeping though.

"Oh, thank god you're awake!" Chase flew to me. He had tears in his eyes and he looked so sad.

"Hi Chasey," My voice was scratchy. My gaze went back to Lorenzo's sleeping form.

"He's fine, don't worry. It's like he didn't even get shot." Chase chuckled and shook his head. "He gave all the staff hell, once he woke up from his procedure."

I gave him a confused look. "What did he do?"

"Oh nothing, he just threatened to kill the staff if they didn't transfer him to your room and make sure that you were fine, I don't know what was said but Alessandro spoke to them and they transferred him here." Chase explained.

Of course Lorenzo would be laying on his deathbed and still be worried about me. The news that he was gonna be okay made me let out a breath of relief.

"You scared me friend," Chase was holding back tears as he held my other hand.

It made me so sad to see him like this, I've only saw him cry one other time so seeing him like this was breaking my heart. I reached up and pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you, you know you can't get rid of me that easily."

"If you had left I would've pulled up to the after life like.." He put up the peace sign and stuck his tongue out. I smiled and shook my head, I heard a chuckle next to me and saw that Lorenzo was awake and looking at us.