Chapter 25

I felt so stupid putting my heart out there for an asshole like him

I felt so stupid putting my heart out there for an asshole like him. What made me even more upset, was when Dario told me where this accusation came from. He believed Angelo over me. That had to be the biggest slap in the face.

It's been a week since that whole situation and I've completely moved my things out of his place. Chase doesn't know what happened yet so he's still staying the apartment with Theo. I haven't been there because I don't want to interrupt what they have going on and I am not staying at the place Lorenzo gifted me.

Apparently he put the apartment in my name, but I didn't care.

The one thing I am grateful for is the fact that I'm debt free because of him. My student loans were miraculously paid off, and I had no doubt it was him that did it. I had more than enough money saved up to get my own place and that's what I did. I got an apartment in upper Manhattan and it's been great.

The only thing I needed to do was get this asshole out of my mind. I felt like such an idiot for giving him a chance. Out of my 26 years of living I've only ever had three breakups and this was one of the worsts. I found myself crying at night because I missed him so much. But today is the last time I shed tears over that dickhead.

"Knock knock boo." Chase strutted in my apartment.

"Hey Chasey," I smiled at him.

"Don't hey Chasey me. I came to find out the tea that you've been hiding from me. Why won't you tell me what happened?" He whined.

"Because it's nothing serious."

"If it wasn't serious you wouldn't have moved out sweetie. Okay fine was it messy or mutual?"

"Messy," I responded.

"Oh my god he cheated on you?" He gasped.

"No cheating happened. Someone put it in his head that I was using him and he believed."

"I'm gonna fucking kill him."

"That's not necessary. I just wanna forget him and move on."

"Well you know what they say, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"I am not hooking up with random strangers."

"At least come out with me tonight."

"Sure, why not." I agreed. It's been a while since I went out.

"Okay be ready by 9. Operation get Lorenzo out of your system is a go."

"Chase!" He skipped out of the apartment before I could protest.

I picked myself up and went in the shower. It's currently 7:18pm and I'm guessing he went home to get ready. Ever since I moved in, I barely left the apartment. So I at least owe it to myself to go out and have some fun instead of staying inside crying about someone who broke my heart and embarrassed me in front of his family.