Chapter 22

I could tell Enzo was dreading going to this dinner

I could tell Enzo was dreading going to this dinner. I am too but I didn't wanna show it and have him worry about me. I was meeting all his family after all. I don't know the full story behind him and his dad's situation but I see how it weighs down on him. I know I have to try my best in being there for him.

Tonight is a big night for him, he's finally going to get the bastard who took his sister's life. This mission is important for him and it is for me too. As embarrassed as I was for acting out earlier, I'm still not backing down from going after Angelo, with or without Enzo's say so. I'm finding a way to go with them tonight.

"The car is here mi amore." I turned around to face him. "You look absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you, you look handsome as always." I reached up to kiss him.

He lead me outside to the black suv that was parked and opened the door for me. The driver greeted Enzo and I and we made our way to his family home. He was quiet the whole ride, I held his hand the entire time.

10 minutes later we arrived at these huge silver gates. The driver pulled up to the security intercom and announced himself then the gates opened. We drove up the very long driveway which had lead to a huge mansion. There were smaller buildings scattered around the land but this one was the biggest. Expensive cars were parked at the front and there was a fountain in the middle. This place looked like a mini town.

As we exited the vehicle Enzo walked me up the stairs to the house. The door opened and a man wearing a suit stepped out.

"Mr. Lorenzo, it's good to see you again sir."

"Ivan, please drop the formalities. How've you been." Enzo hugged the man.

"Very good, I see you've done well for yourself."

"I have, my business is doing great." He turned to me. "This is my lady, Samai. Samai this is a really good friend and also the butler Ivan."

"It's really nice to meet you Ivan." I held my hand out to shake his.

"The pleasure is all mine Ms. Samai." He returned my hand shake.

"Just Samai is fine." I gave him a smile.

"Very well." He turned to Enzo. "You've snagged a good one Lorenzo, I'm proud of you."

"I know." He turned to kiss my forehead.

"Come in come in." Ivan ushered us inside.

I was really impressed on the outside of the house but inside was even more breathtaking. The interior was white, the ceilings were high and there was a split staircase.

"Samai, it's been a minute." I hear a deep voice from next to me.

"Dario! Hi," I turned and gave him a hug.

"You look beautiful as always."

"Thank you, you guys have a lovely home by the way."

"Thanks!" Dario gave me a smile that didn't reach his eyes.