Chapter 16

This week off has been amazingly relaxing

This week off has been amazingly relaxing. Other than me going out of my mind wondering where Lorenzo was, it was calm. I was happy that Lorenzo trusted me enough to share his past with me, but after hearing what he went through that feeling quickly turned to sorrow. I felt horrible for him, I know the feeling of losing someone close to me but a twin? Someone you shared a womb and grew up with? I couldn't even imagine.

It was Friday now and the week was coming to an end. Monday everything will go back to normal. I'm guessing whatever construction Lorenzo had going on will be done by then too. I'm still contemplating if I wanted to go back to clubhouse or not. I was only doing that on the side because I needed the money but now I don't, thanks to Lorenzo. I admit, it has been great not having to worry about dancing on a pole and grinding on men all night, at first it was fun but in the end it had gotten exhausting. Between working at the office and going to the club at night, it was getting too much but I couldn't complain. Lorenzo coming to see me every night was the only highlight towards the end. I guess it makes no sense to keep going. Knowing Lorenzo he would continue to show up and pay me thousands of dollars. Plus, now that we're dating, it wouldn't feel right.

I'm now in the guest room getting dressed because I needed to go apartment hunting. With what happened at my last apartment, I needed to find a place for Chase and I. Since I didn't have to worry about all that debt anymore, we can afford to find a nice place on the safe part of town.

I got dressed and went to Lorenzo's room to let him know I was about to head out but when I got there he was in the shower. I sat on the bed and waited for him. I decided to log into my student loan account to make a payment because I knew it was due soon, but when I logged on it said no payment was due at this time.

"Sounds good to me." I guess it's due next month.

"What sounds good?" Lorenzo's voice startled me.

I jumped then turned to look at him. My voice got stuck in my throat. He was wearing only a towel as water was dripping from his hair to his chest all way down to his v-line. Butterflies were swarming in my tummy and my body got hot.

"Samai?"

"Hmm?" I was shamelessly raking my eyes over his body.

He walked up to me and stooped down in front of me. He had a sly look on his face.

"You okay there?"

I didn't trust myself to speak so I just nodded.

"Can't speak?"

"I can."

"Good." He said before lifting his head and capturing my lips. He pulled back and took in my appearance before he went back to standing. I was a little disappointed when he pulled away. "You going somewhere?"

"Yea, I'm going apartment hunting, I wanted to let you know before I left."

"And here I thought I could get away with with having you live with me forever." He looked a little disappointed but quickly masked it.