Chapter 28

Did I feel bad? A little, but did he deserve it? Yes

It's been a month since Lorenzo showed up to my place and everyday after that he would come here with flowers and try to apologize. The days he couldn't make it he would send a note or letter. There were times I refused to open the door, and he would just sit out there in the cold.

I was starting to feel bad. The bags under his eyes grew darker, his beard had grown out and he just looked tired. He would come here after his work hours ended or sometimes use his lunch break to drop off a note or some flowers.

Today was no different, he was sitting outside by the door with flowers in hand and his head hanging down. It was freezing cold today and he was just wearing a suit. I watched him for a while from the window, he sighed, got up and was about to walk back over to his car, but something made me stop him.

I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Wait," I said, he turned to look at me. He looked so broken and sad but he managed to put a small smile on his face.

"Samai, hi."

"Would you like to come in for a quick sec? It's freezing out here."

"I'd like that, thank you."

I opened the door wider for him to come inside.

"You can have a seat anywhere." The heat was on so he should get warmed up in a bit.

"You have a lovely place here by the way. Really suits you."

"Thank you, would you like some hot chocolate?"

"That would be nice, thank you." He looked really nervous and unsure.

"I'll be right back," I walked over to the kitchen to make two cups of the hot chocolate.

I could feel his gaze on me from time to time as I maneuvered around the kitchen. When I finished making the beverages, I walked over to him with the mug.

"Here," I handed it to him and took a seat across from where he was.

"Thank you,"

The room fell silent for a little while until we both spoke up.

"So how-"

"These are-" We both spoke at the same time.

"Sorry go ahead," I told him.

"I was just saying these are for you," He handed me the bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you, they're beautiful."

This past month has been torture, the man I love was so close yet so far. I hated not being able to just be in his arms but I couldn't get over what he did. When I put myself in his shoes, it does look like I used him for revenge but if he loved me like he said he did, he should've known that I wouldn't have done something like that. He trusted the words of the enemy instead of trusting mine and that really hurt.