Chapter 27

My mind has been all over the place these past few days

My mind has been all over the place these past few days. I need to go and get my girl back but I also need to be here for my family. Between Allison being back and what happened with our father, it's been a lot, but it's almost like everyone is relieved. My mother had to kill her husband, then lay him to rest. I can't even imagine what she's going through.

I on the other hand felt nothing. He deserved it, he never once treated us like his children, only his soldiers, Allison and I got the worst end of it.

I couldn't stand to look at these four white walls in this room anymore. So I went to go check on my mother.

Walking down the hall to her room, I stood there and knocked.

No answer.

"Mamma sono io." (Mom it's me)

No answer.

"Sto entrando," (I'm coming in.)

I pushed the door open and immediately regretted that decision. My mom and Ivan was in bed together. Ivan was laying back with his hands behind in head while my mom straddled him, bouncing up and down.

I immediately shut the door and tried to burn the memory. Ivan's eyes got wide and my mom squealed as she saw me shut the door.

"Bleach, I need bleach for my eyes," I took long strides to the kitchen where Allison was talking on the phone.

"Yea, we'll talk soon. Bye." She hung up. "Why do you look so pale? Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm alright, I just need a drink."

"You know, everyone can tell you miss her."

"I'm not hiding the fact that I do."

"Then why don't you go to her idiot."

"I can't just leave after everything that happened. You've been gone for 4 years, and our father just died."

"I'm not sure if you noticed but everyone is fine. Mom is happy with Ivan right now and everyone is more relaxed now that dad is gone. Everyone is alright, stop worrying and go see her."

"How'd you know about mom and Ivan?"

"She filled me in on everything that's happened. Mom and dad weren't as happy as you think. I don't think it's my place to say so you'd have to have a talk to with her." She had a sad look in her eye.

From the look on her face I knew something it was something horrible.

"I'll talk to her,"

"Good." She nodded. "I really missed this place but I'm thinking of getting my own."

"I can get you a place-"

"Thanks Ren but I wanna do this myself."

"Fine but you need to have guards."