𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖤𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

"Hey, wake up!"

...

"I said wake up!"

...

"Hey. Hey! HEY, YOU!"

"COME ON, WAKE UP ALREADY!!!"

Tanjiro's eyes flashed open and he was wide awake in an instant looking up in surprise.

His gaze was not focused on the angry Kakushi who had woken him up but on the group of very intimidating people who were around him, all staring at him.

"You're in the presence of the Hashira!" the Kakushi exclaimed oh so dramatically.

'The Hashira...?' Tanjiro thought, eyes landing on y/n who stood nearby.

She wore her mask now but Tanjiro could tell she was nervous and a little worried.

"For someone who carries a demon around, he's a bit bland." one of the Hashira hummed, one with white hair and a bit of an odd style.

"Uzui-san!" y/n protested but didn't continue any further, clutching the handle of her blade in a vice-like grip instead and squeezing it until her hands hurt, 'I'm sorry Tanjiro...!'

"Who... who are these people...?" Tanjiro wondered aloud then looked to the very uncomfy y/n for answers, "Y/n-"

Before he could think about speaking to her, the Kakushi shoved Tanjiro's face back to the ground with a, "Don't speak, you idiot! Show some respect!"

"Hey." y/n said flatly, her worried and almost nervous scent shifting into a much more threatening one...

The Kakushi flinched when he saw the masked Demon Slayer staring right at him, the oni mask ten times more terrifying due to the owner's low tone.

"He's hurt. Be gentle." y/n stated.

"R-Right! My apologies!"

"This is the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters. Here, you and y/n will be put on trial." The Insect Hashira, Kocho Shinobu, spoke up.

"Y/n...?" Tanjiro murmured, once more glancing back at the silent y/n, 'Did she... get in trouble because of me?'

"Before the trials begins, please explain your reasons for committing-"

Before she could finish, Shinobu was interrupted by a, "There is no need for a trial!"

The one who had spoken was the Flame Hashira, someone y/n would love to call a friend but was still in that uneasy zone.

His sudden outburst had effectively kicked y/n's confidence in their possible friendship all the way down to zero.

"We're well within our rights to take matters into our own hands!" the actually incarnation of sunshine declared, "I say we behead him along with the demon!"

'Kyo-san, I like your enthusiasm but what the hell...!' y/n thought in distress before forcing out a frantic, "Rengoku-san, isn't that a bit too drastic-"

"If we're going to behead him, let's do it flamboyantly!" it was the Sound Hashira's turn to interrupt y/n.

Beneath her mask, a look of horror settled on y/n's face as Uzui said something about the process of decapitation being flashy and the spraying of blood would be flamboyant and-UGH

Y/n was gonna throw up-

'You'd really kill such a cute kid? This fills my heart with anguish...' The Love Hashira, Kanroji Mitsuri, thought with a saddened expression.

Y/n let out a small squeak instead of a request to hold off the whole murdering Tanjiro and his sister thing.

Mitsuri's attention was immediately drawn to her and the Love Hashira stared at y/n with an adoring expression, 'Y/n-chan is super cute today...! I wonder if she'll want to hang out with me later.'