𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Night came and Shiori eventually returned, running to y/n and scrambling onto her shoulder.

"Found the ♀️🐶!" Shiori declared, "He's cutting up some poor lady! This way!"

Y/n and Rengoku exchanged a look, rather Rengoku looked at the girl's mask and she stared back from beneath it, "Right then, lead the way."

Shiori hopped onto the roof, y/n and Rengoku following quickly as the parkour master led them to the scene of the crime.

"Hurry it up, that poor woman is being turned into human sashimi as we speak!!!" Shiori urged as her fluffy tail disappeared over the roof, running ahead of the two Demon Slayers.

Cat speed is superior to human speed.

Y/n briefly lost track of Shiori, hopping off the roof of a building as she tried to figure out where the cat was.

"Ah... I lost her!" y/n snapped, heart racing as she tried to find the sassy cat.

"Don't worry!" Rengoku assured the frantic demon slayer as he landed beside her, "I saw her go this way!"

The Flame Hashira took off and y/n followed quickly, 'Shiori, don't do anything stupid!'

"AHA! THERE YOU ARE YA BASTARD!" came Shiori's voice a couple blocks away, "TAKE THIS YOU DISCOUNT JASON!"

There was a shriek and y/n guessed Shiori either bit the demon in the crotch or dug her claws into its eyes.

Taking a short cut, y/n cleared a house in one jump before landing on the other wide where she'd heard Shiori.

And there the cat was, clinging to the demon about to gouge his damn eyes out.

She was able to read the situation quickly, despite the demon being only a blur of blue, and snatched her cat out of his grasp before he could rip the feline apart.

"Get em, y/n!" Shiori shouted.

"Tch, damn cat!" the demon snarled, reaching for the cat in y/n's arms only for her to grab it by the wrist.

She gripped it harder and there was a crunch as she crushed the demon's wrist. Bro had to do a double take, only for y/n to kick him in the side of the head and send him flying.

The demon hit the building to their left, the wall cracking from the force of him hitting it.

Y/n let out a shaky exhale, surprised by what she'd done while Shiori cheered.

Y/n got a good look at the demon now. He was bald. That was all y/n noticed.

He was Bald Demon.

"Huh? Another demon?" the Bald Demon questioned, shocked by y/n's sudden appearance, "Oh, I get it! You want to eat that nasty smelling lady, don't you?"

Y/n deadpanned, 'It's the mask... isn't it?'

She took notice of the unconscious woman behind her, covered in blood and an awful lot of injuries which needed to be tended to quickly.

Where... where had she seen this before?

"Fine, I've had my fun!" the Bald Demon scoffed before dipping, clearly sensing that y/n wasn't the one to mess with.

He was gone in a flash of blue, his speed briefly startling y/n before she realized he wasn't as fast as her Master.

Not even close. She could catch him.

"Hey!" y/n shouted, taking a step forward to give chase but stopped when she heard a whimper from behind her.

She glanced back at the injured woman, debating on whether or not to go after the demon but this had happened before.