𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝖾𝗇

Y/n knew that waking up and seeing a strange person with an oni mask standing next to your bed wasn't a very pleasant way to wake up in the morning.

However, she was mainly focused on apologizing on behalf of her mentor. It was a mission of much importance!

After the meeting a few days before, y/n had suggested that Sanemi go to the Butterfly Estate himself and apologize but immediately chickened out when he gave her a simple blank look.

Usually he would be visibly angry in some way, shape or form so a blank look and prolonged silence from the Wind Pillar was never, ever a good sign.

"Y-You don't have to it you don't want to, I'll just go apologize for you-" y/n said quickly, waving her hands as she began to sweat bullets, "T-That is if you'll allow me to g-go, haha..."

"Are you going or not?" Sanemi said sharply, "Don't wait for me to give you permission!"

"Ah... well... I'm going!" y/n said firmly and added a quick, "Whether you like it or not, asshat!"

The Wind Hashira deadpanned, "That's too much, y/n but good job anyways."

The h/c haired girl beamed, looking proud of herself before she turned and hurried away to go do something productive.

"Who?" inquired the cat who sat on her shoulder, "Who is this dude?"

"This is Tanjiro, Shiori. The Demon Slayer carrying around a demon." y/n replied, scratching the cat's chin, "Please be nice."

"What do you mean? I'm always nice!" the cat retorted, tail curling with delight as she rubbed her face against y/n's hand.

"Mhm..." y/n hummed, "Sure you are."

Y/n glanced outside where the sky was still dark and the sun still had yet to rise into the sky, "Hm... I've gotten up quite early again... let's go get something to eat, yeah?"

"Hell yeah! Let's get some ohagi!" the cat exclaimed as y/n turned and exited the room, "A ton of it, too!"

"Ohagi? You're a cat, Shiori, eating all that isn't very good for you, y'know. Has Shinazugawa-san been letting you eat it again?"

"Since when has that chinchilla let me do anything?"

"So you stole some."

"I borrowed some permanently."

"You... stole it."

Y/n returned later after the sun had come up and the three demon slayers had woken.

She offered some encouraging words to the uncharacteristically quiet Inosuke and managed to coax Zenitsu into drinking his medicine, promising to bring him something sweet later on.

While y/n was patting a sobbing Zenitsu's back, complimenting him on how well he did when he finally took his medicine, Tanjiro and Murata were chatting.

Murata... Murata... ah, yes, the side character with main character level plot armor.

"You guys have it easy..." Murata sighed, seeming pretty down, "I had to report to the Hashira about the incident on Natagumo Mountain. They're all so terrifying...! Especially the Wind Hashira! I don't understand how his Tsuguko can stand to be near him!"

Tanjiro blinked. He'd heard that word before. A Tsuguko was someone who trained under a Hashira, right?

Kanao trained under the Insect Hashira, Tanjiro knew that. But who could possibly be mentored by the Wind Hashira.

The boy deadpanned, 'Oh.'

Y/n was laying on the ground, embarrassment coming off of her in waves as she slowly sat up and kept her face to the ground.