𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

It was an inn.

Rooms were located on the second level of the building while the Check-In and restaurant were located on the first.

Y/n sensed a demon nearby, likely in the forest at the edge of the town. She wouldn't take action until she'd eaten.

...what? She was hungry.

"Paws off, Shiori."

"Huh? C'mon, y/n, I've been helping you all day! At least share a little bit...!"

"No, it's mine."

Y/n had lifted her mask only a little so she could eat but Genya could practically feel her glaring at the cat sitting on her lap.

There'd been no sign of a demon so far so the two demon slayers relaxed a little bit.

Y/n was certainly enjoying herself.
She'd had several servings of food.

And was still eating.

Just watching her eat that much made Genya feel just a little bit sick... wasn't she going to throw up?

"Hey, Scarface!" Shiori exclaimed, "I'm gonna go see if there's anything suspicious going on! Don't try anything funny while I'm gone!"

The cat ran off, leaving y/n and Genya alone, the sounds of people chilling in the Inn filling the silence.

Neither of them spoke.

When it was time to catch some Zs, the two idiots got settled on completely opposite sides of the room.

Y/n didn't bother using a futon, sitting in the corner of the room and dozing off there within a few minutes.

(The floor is super comfy, yall have no idea)

The two idiots stayed in the village for a couple of days and if Genya was being honest... y/n was acting rather strange...

"Genya! Look!" y/n chirped, running over to the boy and poking his face repeatedly, "There's a cute dog! Look, look, look!"

As she spoke, a little fluffy dog trotted over and barked at y/n to which she crouched down and hugged it, laughing.

"Isn't he just adorable?" y/n cooed, "You're such a good boy~! A very good boy!"

Genya was less surprised about her attitude. He wanted to know why the dog didn't bolt at the sight of her damn mask-

Really strange...

"This is really good...! Here! Take a bite!" y/n chimed and before Genya could think to protest, she shoved food in his mouth.

'Wtf is wrong with her????'

It was several days of dealing with this terrifying version of the masked Demon Slayer before y/n decided they should leave.

"We'll leave tomorrow morning." y/n hummed as she settled down in her spot on the floor in the corner.

"But what about the demon?" Genya questioned, "We haven't done anything since we've gotten here and that demon is still lurking around."

"But haven't you noticed?" y/n asked, Genya being unable to tell if she was confused or not due to that scary 🍑 mask, "Nobody has been taken recently."

It was true, nobody had been taken in the past few days it was rather peaceful.

'That doesn't matter... as soon as we leave, the demon will just go back to eating people!' Genya thought.

"Well. Goodnight." y/n said abruptly.

Genya couldn't sleep. Not a single wink. He was really frightened by y/n's odd attitude.