𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖳𝗐𝗈

'Zenitsu would've lost his 💩 if he were here.' y/n thought, adorning a simple expression behind her mask as she observed the corpse that was wrapped up in the roots of a tree.

It hadn't been dead for long. The skin had turned a rather pale color and looked as though it were severely bruised.

Y/n frowned, "..."

She walked alongside Kaigaku, the two of them having been discussing their current situation. He was a rather collected guy if y/n was being honest.

He looked calm, he was doing an awfully good job of masking his terror. He knew how to mask his feelings. Good.

Chisuke wasn't bothered at all, eagerly asking a nervous Azami questions who hesitantly answered them while Death Fodder was whisper-shouting something at the Pest.

No issues so far.

"Hey, hey, y/n-chan! I smell lots of Mizunoto up ahead!" Shiori exclaimed.

"You do?" y/n murmured.

"Ah, yes, we're nearing our old camp!" Azami gasped, "You probably caught the scent of the others. They're faint, aren't they?"

Shiori nodded, "Yeah..."

"You set up a camp?" Death Fodder inquired.

"Yes, we weren't sure how long we were going to be stuck here and we needed a place to rest so we set up camp around here." Azami replied.

"That's great! I was hoping we'd have a place to-" the Pest cut off with a shriek when something flew out of the woods and over to Kaigaku.

It landed on Kaigaku's arm and it was only then that y/n realized it was a raven.

It was frantically making raven noises, occasionally speaking actual words but Kaigaku seemed to understand.

"Oh crap, that isn't good!" Shiori exclaimed.

Of course the goddamn cat understood.

"What do you mean?" Chisuke asked.

"Kaigaku's raven said all the other crows were struck down upon entering the forest." Shiori explained, "This is exactly what happened to the crows in the last group!"

"EH!??? OUR CROWS!?" The Pest cried.

"Oh, that isn't good." Y/n murmured.

"NO 💩, WOMAN!" the Pest shrieked, "ARE YOU MISSING YOUR EMOTIONS, HOW ARE YOU SO CALM DEMON LADY!!"

Y/n flinched, "You—"

She crouched and stated at the ground, miserably drawing in the dirt with a stick.

"Hey now, we'll be fine!" Death Fodder exclaimed, "Kaigaku-san's raven is still alive! Same with y/n-chan's cat."

All of a sudden, the trees seemed to shiver and Azami let out a frightened scream.

"Hm? Kurosawa-san?" Chisuke inquired when he saw the terror in the Mizunoto's gray eyes, "What's wrong?"

"Blood... blood... it reacts to blood..." Azami murmured incoherently, "Hey, are any of you bleeding?"

Y/n, the Pest, Chisuke, Death Fodder and Kaigaku all confirmed that they weren't after a few tense moments of shuffling around and checking themselves.

The presence of a demon caught y/n's attention. No, not a demon. It's Blood Demon Art. Yes, it'd been there since they entered the forest but it was stronger now.

"Oh! You have a cut on your hand!" Chisuke pointed out and all eyes went to the little bleeding cut on Azami's palm.

Y/n perked up with a sharp inhale and grabbed Chisuke with a, "Duck!"