𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

"Hello again, Tempura Top!" Shiori called, the cat relaxing in y/n's arms as the h/c haired girl hurried to catch up with the Flame Hashira who was a couple paces ahead of her.

He glanced back at the duo in surprise, having failed to notice y/n hurrying to catch up. He was kinda lost in thought and y/n was naturally quite light-footed.

The masked Demon Slayer had recovered from her injuries and was as good as new. Besides, she hadn't gotten seriously hurt. It was really just her arm which was taking its sweet, sweet time to heal.

Y/n had been away for about another week, training non-stop. She was allowed to go on another mission, this time by herself, much to her delight and then dismay.

Although, Shiori pissed off the demon and it turned out to be way stronger than expected. Y/n was fine,
though. No new injuries, aside from a well placed punch to the cheek that was starting to bruise a bit.

Sanemi was still a little reluctant to let y/n go but after some teasing from Shinobu and the cold shoulder from y/n, he allowed y/n to go.

Y/n had gotten up early.

Earlier than usual.

Just so she could get to her and the Flame Hashira's agreed meeting location right on time.

But she got a little side-tracked...

"Button up your uniform, damn it!" Sanemi said sharply as an embarrassed y/n patiently allowed him to button her uniform up after she'd coincidentally forgotten to do so, "If your dumb ass catches a cold, don't come crying to me!"

"It's not even that cold..."

Again...

"Y/n."

Y/n tensed at the sound of that familiar voice and she glanced back at Muichiro.

The young Hashira adorned his usual blank look as he offered a piece of paper to y/n, "Here. Take this."

She accepted it and opened it up to read it as the Mist Hashira walked away.

It read don't die.

Beneath her mask, y/n began to cry.

And again...

"Uhmm... Mitsuri? Is it a good idea to be eating this much before a mission?" y/n mumbled around the food she was eating.

"You know just as much as I do how important it is to get a good meal in!" Mitsuri replied and pat y/n on the head with a sweet smile, "So eat as much as you'd like, alright?"

Y/n did exactly that.

And... again...

"Don't die."

"'Kay."

"Make sure you come back."

"Will do."

Giyuu glanced at Shiori who was lounging on y/n's shoulders, "You, Shiori."

"Hm? What is it?" the cat inquired.

"Keep her safe."

"Okay! You can count on me!"

And once again.

"Don't worry, Aoi-san. I'll be back soon." y/n told the girl with a soft smile, having lifted her mask up since it wasn't night just yet.

"Be careful though." the blue eyed girl said sharply, tugging on y/n's cheek, "And don't get yourself all worked up! We don't want a repeat of the Final Selection."