Chivalry For Ice Cream 🍦

Jake previously wanted to go on a 'date' with Daisy, but the night before, she gets cold and is unable to go. Jake doesn't want to waste the tickets he bought for two, so he invites his band member, Hailey, to go with him instead. The two are strolling whilst bickering amongst themselves

"Come on, princess, admit you fancy me" Jake smirked, hand around Hailey's back. "As if. I don't see why the girls in my class find you 'so charming'. More like an untalented oaf" Said Hailey, rolling her eyes playfully. "This untalented oaf is your lead singer" Jake grinned back. 

"Anyways, thanks for filling in for Daisy. That cold was so sudden"

The mention of the head girl turned Hailey into a dark fog. Right, Jake never wanted to 'hang' with her. Not intentionally. He only called her to fill in for Daisy. The perfect girl that everyone adores. God, she's sick of her name. She was a freak, no one would wanna hang out with her. "..Hailey? Did you hear me?". Hailey spun around and managed a smile, nodding slightly.

"Uhh.. okay? I asked if you wanted ice cream. There's Baskin Robins here" Jake continued, with his finger pointing to the quaint little shop with bright pink wallpaper, with visible patterns of scoops of ice cream. "Oh, sure! Let me just check my change-"

 "Woah there, princess. I'm paying" Jake beamed. "While I appreciate the chivalry, I think I'll manage" Hailey snickered, pulling out a handful of dollar notes. "I insist. It's the least I can do for filling in for you know" the singer smiled. "Jake, being with you right now is reward enough," Hailey said aloud, making the other grin with visible red-tinted cheeks.

Finally seeping reality back in, Hailey apologised endlessly for her sudden outburst, embarrassed. "And you say you're not falling for me" Jake smirked cockily. "I'm not, idiot. Don't make me have a second thought of hanging out with you" Hailey replied sternly. "You're no fun, princess" The boy pouted, making the girl laugh.

Maybe getting past Zander every day to lounge about with Jake, may not be a bad idea...