You Lose Someone Special, You Meet Another 🥀

Story request by superflashsmash2 (TQSM) <3

Hailey Austin. The sibling of Alexander Wickham and Bethany Austin. Daughter of Micheal and Shannon Austin. She was a great musician who played almost any instrument in the world. She was also a straight-A student and adored by everyone around her. She loved treating her friends like her own family. Hailey Austin had the life almost everyone wanted. So, why was she crying while leaning against a particular gravestone?

She had Shannon now, and that was more than enough. But they aren't the same. Long before Shannon and her step-brother, Zander stepped into her life, Hailey was a clumsy little girl who enjoyed walks and barely had any other hobbies except to play with her mom. Julia Wilson, a really kind woman who worked part-time in a nearby orphanage. Hailey used to love calling her mother 'Jules'. Julia would treat her daughter like a best friend, taking her out for ice cream, hanging around at the beach, and occasionally take walks to the park when they were alone. 

 Julia was a great parent for a five-year-old. Little Hailey had everything she ever needed; A happy family. But it would all change when her mother went abroad to visit a sick relative. The ship Julia boarded, The 'Flockton' sank during the night when all passengers were asleep in their chambers. When the news spread, Hailey and Micheal, were devastated. Soon after, Hailey accompanied her father to his daily therapy sessions, where he'd blabber on how he missed his dear wife so much. Two years later, her father had met Shannon.

And while Micheal fell in love with a woman he barely knew, Hailey was left at home, secretly cursing Shannon for wrapping Micheal around her finger when he was in such a vulnerable situation. She could never understand what made her own dad move on so quickly. Just last week, he could never get into a conversation without mentioning Julia. 

 Sometimes Hailey still missed her biological mom. But she could never say it to anyone, knowing they would only remind her she had Shannon. But it was a bad day for the girl. She'd done mediocre on a subject in school for the very first time and was too scared to tell Micheal or even Zander. Her friends would probably be stunned if she did. After the bell rang, signalling it was time to go home, she walked past Drew and his monkeys, who saw how upset she was and decided to worsen her day. So Hailey ran. Far away, and before she knew it, she was in Rosemeadow Cemetery. That's where we left off.

"Hailey?". The girl looked up and saw a concerned Jake. "Jake? What are you doing here..." She mumbled back. Hailey heard a sigh as the boy plopped down next to her. "I'm so sorry about my friends. They- it's hard to explain," Jake said in a hushed tone. Something about the boy made her feel comfort whenever the two were alone. He'd smile whenever he saw how uncomfortable she was and would consort her when she was upset. "You come here too, huh?" Jake continued, dusting off the headstone carving. "Julia Wilson. She a relative?" he asked. 

 Hailey only nodded silently. "Wh-why do you come here?" she uttered. "My.. dad. He left my family years ago. I still visit him sometimes, like you and Julia". Jake held his tears in his eyes before letting them stream downwards on his face. "Oh my god, Jake. It's okay, I've never met your dad, but I'm sure he was a good man," Hailey said, rubbing his back gently. Jake smiled back, whispering: "Thanks, Princess".

Neither said anything in fear of disturbing the peace and quiet. But both felt assured, safe. Jake and Hailey only needed each other. And both knew they understood what they were going through. Mourning someone gone from their lives. When you lose someone special, you meet another. It is called life.