"No One Appreciates Milly's Musical Talents." 🎸

AUTHOR'S NOTES: See the end of the chapter for more notes

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

     𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞, 𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞'𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

     Jake nervously stepped to Zander's keyboard, where he was trying out a few features he'd never tried before. Before Jake could even let out his sentence, the pianist stopped him.

"What do you want?"

"Um—Zanderwhatisyourfavouritegenre?" Zander raised an eyebrow with an intimidating scowl. "Excuse me?"

Jake fidgeted with the pen in his hand, "Your... favourite genre?"

     Immediately, Zander's whole body softened. "Oh, um, Classic." Jake blinked dumbly. Did that just happen? Zander must've been a psychic because his lips turned back to its comfortable frown.

"Don't flatter yourself, idiot. I still don't trust you... mostly."

Jake smiled, jotting the fact down on his notepad and skipped to Milly and Sean, practising with the beat of the new soundtrack.

     "Hey, guys. What are your favourite genres?" Jake said directly. Both were surprised at the boy's presence but answered anyway. "HEAVY METALLLL!!!" Milly screeched, pulling her guitar close to her for another riff. "Pop, I suppose," Sean replied, wincing from the noise.

"GOT IT. THANKS, GUYS." Jake yelled, making sure they heard him.

Sean gave a thumbs up, while Milly gave no response whatsoever. Jake hurriedly ran over to the drums.

     Luke clasped his drumsticks together, "Milly! You're too loud!" She rolled her eyes, finally putting the guitar down. "Hmph. None of you appreciates my musical talents," she stated.

Zander grunted something before tending back to his keyboard.

Sighing, Luke turned his view to Jake, "Sorry. You were saying?"

     "What's your favourite genre?" he asked, pen hovering over the piece of paper he carried around. "Hmm... acoustic?" Jake nodded, thanking him while walking his way towards Hailey.

"Princess?"

Hailey turned her head over her shoulder, "Need something?" Jake repeated his question to her as he did to the other four.

     "Pop, I guess." she shrugged, turning back to her book of lyrics. "Huh, you're like Sean." Jake muttered, drawing an arrow pointing from Sean's to Hailey's; 'Same taste'. Jake bowed, "Thank you, my princess."

Hailey rolled her eyes playfully. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Let me know if you want the actual playlist Jake mustered up :)

I'll send the link to whoever asks, because links are basically just normal text in chapters T^T

Make sure to put your requests in the comments.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>