Thanks, A Lot, Drew 💜

This is a continuation of Night-Night, Jake 🌙

This is a collaboration with KiaraTheGachaCat 

(Thank you again for sharing your talented writing in this one-shot. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you! <3)

Note from Author: I'm so sorry it took a ridiculous amount of time to update. All my motivation seeped up, and I'm pretty sure I gave it a crappy ending. Thank you so much for your patience, everyone.

~

za09ali_faisal's writing (My writing)

      A faceless teal-haired girl led Jake through an endless meadow of roses. Everything about her was beautiful to Jake, her smile, laugh, and personality. They ran and ran till their feet went numb. The girl sat down under a big tree, motioning for him to come and sit next to her. Jake gladly trotted towards her, only to fall into a dark pit of black. He screamed and cried, but no one came to his rescue.

     Jake rose on his bed, head aching and blobs of shiny, fresh tears were caught at the corner of his eyes. Why didn't she save me? he wondered, recollecting his dream. He was expecting a warm, comforting dream... not a nightmare. Jake jumped off from under the covers and dashed to his parents' room. His mom sat him down at the dining table in the dark. The only known light source was the tiny light bulb not far away from where they were.

     The boy was still a little traumatised, his soft sniffles heard only by his mother. "Jake... what did you see?" Was the first question. He rose his head and explained every little detail situated in his dream. Once done, he slumped against the table, his tongue knotted, tired, and defeated. The woman in front of him sighed. "Oh, darling... it was just a bad dream, everyone gets them," she said, squeezing Jake's hand. "But, tonight was supposed to be the night I get my soulmate dream, how is knowing your soulmate supposed to be bad?" he fought back.

     His mother frowned; "I was just as scared as you are when I woke up after my dream,". Jake looked into her eyes, silent. The woman took a deep breath and continued; "I was getting ice cream with your father. We were both so happy until... something pulled him away from me". The boy let out a small gasp. "When you get a bad dream on the night of your soulmate night, it usually means something's holding your soulmate back from loving you," 

"But, Dad said-" "He lied," his mother said sternly. 

     Jake saw his mother's eyes fill with tears. "He... your father had a girlfriend at the time". The room fell silent. "I was so jealous, but when he discovered I was his soulmate and not... her, he flipped out. He ignored me day by day for three months until he finally loved me" The woman smiled sadly.

     "Always remember; No matter what, Jake, you and your soulmate are eternally bound forever, and there's no wall that can ever break you two apart" She promised in a hushed tone, gripping her son's hand so tight it hurt. Jake looked up once more and gave a crooked grin. His charm would never fail to impress his mother. The woman patted his head and ruffled his hair roughly.