Damn You, Jake 😳

"I am so excited!" Milly squealed. "I haven't gone laser tagging for years. And it's gonna be like, ten times more awesome with you guys!". Zander rolled his eyes. "I don't get it. You need to shoot people, and you win..?" he asked confusingly. "You don't get anything fun" Jake teased back. Just as the pianist opened his mouth, Luke intercepted him. "Hey, it's okay, I'll teach you" he whispered. "Great to see everyone so.. ecstatic, especially you, Milly" Hailey grinned at the pink-haired girl. "Um, thanks for inviting me, Mr and Mrs Austin. You guys too, even when I've only been in the club for two weeks" Jake smiled. "Oh, it's no problem, Jake. Hailey practically begged us to bring you too" Shannon smirked. "Jake, like Hailey, said, you're family now" Sean continued. 

"Heh, thanks guys". Twenty minutes later, Mr Austin's car was parked in an empty lot and the six club members and two adults came out of the car. "Oh! I forgot about the money. Hmm.. how about you kids go in and enjoy yourselves, we'll deal with it. Stay together," Micheal said as he and his wife rushed back to the car and drove away. "Can we sign in without an adult with us?" Luke asked worriedly. "Don't worry. My aunt works here, she'll understand" Hailey replied. True to her word, the workers let the six unsupervised children in easily, without questioning anything. Three minutes later, bold letters in the room wrote in bright neon green; "GO!"

Sure enough, everyone was on the run to find a hiding place. Not, Jake and Milly, they had their own targets and were shooting out in the open. Meanwhile, Hailey wanted to be careful, so she had her eyes on a cushiony wall against the wall, leaving a bit of space for a person to hide in. So she dashed undetected and spotted her brother and his boyfriend, still learning how to play. But to Hailley, she found a good target and aimed at Luke, where it hit hard against the strap with the glowing circle. As expected, Zander shrieked back and hurried to help Luke, still looking around him. Hailey stifled a laugh and quickly got into the shadows. But she felt smushed, and the cushions felt.. wet, smelly, almost sweaty. She looked back but made contact with almond-coloured eyes staring right back at her. Before she could utter a scream, Jake pinned her against the actual walls and kissed her. Heat rushed to Hailey's cheeks, unable to stop. 

As confused as ever, she kissed back, tugging at his neck. After her motion, Jake felt his hands snake around her waist. Hailey didn't really mind the sweat now. Just as both went for air, Jake took his gun and shot at her own circle, now bloody red, signalling she was out. The boy smiled cockily and went after Sean, leaving the red girl in the corner. Sighing, she joined Milly on the bench, who looked more than annoyed. Hailey couldn't tell if she was mad or planning a murder. "Who shot you?" Milly asked. "Jake..." she mumbled. "How'd he get you?" Luke asked, behind her. Hailey bit her lip with pink in her cheeks, to which Milly smirked. "Not saying, huh?" she joked. "The...the way he got me is none of your concern" the club president crossed her arms, and spun around, letting her back face her friend instead. "You're so flustered, Hails. What'd he do?" Milly chuckled. But Hailey wouldn't budge. She looked back at Jake, successfully shooting Zander without any effort, and saw his brown eyes glimpse back at her, giving a wink and his familiar smirk. 

"Damn you, Jake..."