The Princess Dressed As A Princess 🎃

Hi guys! I worked on this day and night, so I hope you'll like it. This one-shot is an Early Halloween Special, so for a better experience, save this story for 31st October. But if you're impatient, (like me) you might as well read it now. Happy reading!

 Happy reading!

 "What are you guys dressing up as?" Milly asked, mouth full of croissants. "I and Zander are thinking of PB&J since you guys tease about it to us a lot" Luke announced. "Where are you gonna get giant peanut butter and jelly sandwich costumes?" Sean said, chuckling. "My mom's great at knitting. She made me that scarf" Luke replied casually, pointing to the scarlet scarf wrapped neatly around Zander's neck, who was unaware of the conversation.

"What about you, Jake?" Sean continued his tray of questions. "Oh, I'm not sure yet. At first, I was planning on Dracula, but that's too much of a cliché" Jake shrugged. "Maybe you can dress up as your idol. Who's your inspiration?" Hailey offered. "I don't think I'll be a good-looking Justin Bieber," Jake said sheepishly. "That's too bad. I'd be lying if I didn't say I needed help with my costume too" Hailey sunk to her seat. 

 Milly looked over to her friend, who was coming up with options. "Well, you heard Luke, He and his boyfriend are going as a nickname they've been called," The pink-haired girl started as Luke had visible red-tinted cheeks. "Surely you've been named something". Hailey arched an eyebrow. It wasn't a bad idea. "How about a Princess?" Jake smirked smugly. Hailey's black-cole orbs glared right back. "Exactly! See, who says I'm useless?" Milly sighed, leaning back into her seat like jelly. Sean rolled his eyes playfully and his attention went back to the two, bickering like children. 

~

 On 31st October, all houses on the streets were decorated with spooky decorations. Children in a variety of costumes would walk up to neighbours' houses, shouting; "Trick or Treat!". Jake had worn a Prince outfit, as his offer for Hailey had given him a slight idea. The group had agreed to meet near the hundred and twenty-year-old Rosemeadow Graveyard.

Jake waited casually for his friends to arrive, and they did. One by one. Milly wore a devil outfit, with red horns sprouting from her pink and wild hair, a tail, and a rubber pitchfork in her right palm. Sean came in a robot costume, with tinfoil buttons all over his silver chest. There was even a working radio clung in the ensemble, complete with all Halloween tunes by Sean himself. As promised, Zander and Luke appeared in a couple-costume of the classic PB&J sandwich. Luke went in the peanut butter, while Zander stuck to the grape jelly. 

 Sean quickly noticed a missing member. "Where's Hailey?". Zander rolled his eyes in response, "Girls. Always takes hours in dressing up". A 'hmph!' was heard throughout the group. "I'm right here" Hailey crossed her arms defensively. Jake stopped dead in his tracks. She wore a golden princess outfit, complete with a tiara sitting on her head, with sparkling glitter stuck to her dress, shining in the moonlight.

Jake had thought he'd passed out, or something, because nothing this serene could be real. He knew he couldn't show her how he felt, so teasing appeared as another option. "So, you finally listened to Jake, The Almighty?". If rolling eyes weren't very 'princess-like, then Hailey would've crashed and burned as a princess. "I admit, you gave me an idea. Doesn't mean I'm gonna listen to you for the rest of my life", Hailey stuck her tongue out with a wide grin. "You guys look like a couple. Ya know, with the prince and princess theme" Milly chortled. Zander glared back, "I don't see it. You don't see it, do you, Luke?" 

 Luke looked like he was ready to toss himself into a river rather than answer Zander's question. Sean snickered loudly. "You're putting pressure on your boyfriend, mister". Hailey crossed her arms once more, "Well, whether or not Luke decides to answer, we do NOT look like a couple. He's a weeny prince, who can't even kill a proper dragon" she pointed to Jake. "Hailey, do you see a dragon anywhere on the streets?" The prince fought back, "What do you expect me to do? Not like you're an actual princess anyway" he motioned to her costume. An overdramatic gasp filled the gap. "How dare you accuse me of such petty crime!" Hailey cried in a fancy accent, her hands to her forehead as if she had a headache.

The two continued their charade for a long while, forgetting their reason to group up in the first place. Everyone else was left as the audience. "They're adorable" Milly whispered to Sean, while he nodded in agreement. What a Halloween it was.