Daniel Ricciardo- I can be your mirror

You feel insecure when you see his ex's Instagram and Daniel decides to show you why you don't need to be

Warnings: smut! unprotected sex, low self-esteem, etc

You were just chilling in the hotel bed, scrolling through your phone while Daniel finished taking a shower. It was Thursday night in Hungary, and media day was relatively calm (all eyes were still on Max and Lewis, after the whole Silverstone incident).

Your relationship was still new, you guys had just gone public a couple of months ago, and you liked that you were still discovering things about each other every day, like how he prefers his eggs in the morning or that small scar under your chin he just noticed yesterday. Yet, some things weren't as fun to find out, like what his exes looked like.

A few fan accounts had started following you, including some F1 WAGs accounts, and you followed some of them back - you wanted to the updated, after all (or at least that's what you told yourself). The thing is, comparisons were inevitable to you - no matter how much you tried to be reasonable, low self-esteem was always an issue to you. When WAG's account posted about Daniel's ex hanging around in the paddock today and how cute her outfit was, you quickly found yourself clicking on the tag and stalking her in. Perfect. Fucking perfect. You just have to set your own heartbreak up, don't you? If at least you could let life do that, but no, you had to go and fall for the guy with the Instagram models as his exes. You smiled ironically to yourself.

"Did you see Max shutting down that reporter on the press conference today?" Daniel said walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his torso and another drying his hair. You quickly locked your phone and looked up, startled like a kid caught with their hands on the cookie jar.

"Hum?" you asked him.

"What were you looking at?" he grinned at you, throwing himself on the bed and sitting by your side.

"Nothing" you answered quickly, looking away.

"Don't be like that. Tell me" he asked again, nudging you with his head.

"It's nothing Dan, just silly old Instagram"

"You wanna know one of the things I love most about you?" He asked before continuing. "You don't really have filters. And even when you try to hide what you're thinking, your face and body give you away" He said. "That's why you're so perfect, you're genuine" he touched your nose with his. "Let's be honest with each other. Tell me what's going on in there" Then he tried to lighten the mood saying "Can't be shirtless pictures of me that got you smirking, cause here I am in the flesh for you" you rolled your eyes but smiled at him.

"I'm laughing at myself," You said and he just looked at you, waiting for you to continue. "I'm setting myself up for heartbreak, more and more, and it's just like me"

"What you're talking about?"

"Please don't say it's stupid," you said before continuing. "You're like, a rock star... fast cars, VIP, supermodels... this stuff is routine for you, you have the most interesting life. And you could have any girl. And your exes are like movie stars, fucking supermodels, and I'm not sure how much longer till you realize that and just, you know" you said gesturing to yourself and waving your fingers in front of your throat like who says 'abort mission'.

"I should know better, I really should and this might be nothing, but the deeper we get in this, the harder it's to wrap my own head around it and it's so stupid, but how can anyone compete with that?" You weren't making any sense, you knew and he was looking at you with his eyebrows raised and lips pressed, like he was holding a smile. "I'm rambling, forget I said anything it's so stupid" You said hiding your face behind your hand.