You don't have just anyone as your lock screen - Daniel Ricciardo

Warnings : Fluff a lot of fluff

Being friends with Lando meant a few things. You were sometimes mistaken for his girlfriend (uncomfortable, he's like your brother), you were constantly worried in races, scared of accidents in races, but you also got to support your best friend in his dream, meeting new places, meeting new people.

You had made a lot of new friends since you had joined Lando as his assistant, one of them was Daniel Ricciardo. Well, he was your friend but he was also the man you had been in love with for a year. He didn't know, obviously. You were scared, and now Lando was trying to convince you to tell Dan.

"C'mon, what's the worst thing that could happen?" You look at him like he's crazy.

"He could laugh, he could say ew, he could turn around and run, he could never speak to me ever again, he could..." you plan on continuing but he interrupts you.

"Okay, I get it. But if you never shoot your shot, you will regret it" he gets called by someone on the paddock and goes do an interview. You decide to go on a walk while he finishes and you find yourself looking at a river.

"Hey, can I join you?" You turn around to find Daniel, with his beautiful and open smile, you smile back and say yes.

You talk for a few minutes about nothing and everything until he gets a call and he walks a few steps to talk with that person. When he comes back you see the picture on his lock screen. It was one of you at your birthday a few months ago, you had cake on your face and a huge smile.

"I'm your lock screen?" He looks startled for a second and he looks sheepish. "It's my favorite photo of you."

"Careful, you keep saying things like that and I'll start thinking you love me" he immediately turns his face away from you and you can see his face and ears getting red.

Well, that's an unexpected turn of events. A really lovely turn of events.

"Are you blushing?" He blushes even more, you look at his eyes, the ones that are now trying to avoid yours. You put your right hand on his cheek and turn his face to you. You hope the look in your eyes tells him how utterly in love with him, but it doesn't seem to do the trick so you kiss him. "I love you too."