Chapter 6

So that was the kittypet, huh? Honestly he didn't look too bad, W/n could clearly see him leading this clan one day...

W/n smiled as Rusty looked up at her with wide eyes, they were shining in excitement. However before she could go and properly greet him LongTail spotted him first. "Why is there a kittypet in our camp, BlueStar?"

"He has come to join us," the leader simply said, W/n nodded in agreement. "We don't need another mouth to feed, especially a kittypet!" LongTail taunted, "your collar is a mark of the twoleg's, and you'll scare all the prey away with that bell, and your twoleg's must be worried, searching for their poor lost kittypet with his pitiful tinkling..."

LionHeart then whispered something to Rusty who then readied himself for a fight, LongTail then shots himself towards the small Tom and the two cats fought until Rusty's collar came off and LongTail's ear was nicked.

BlueStar then leaped off her rock and sniffed at the blue collar, "this kittypet has lost his twoleg collar in battle and is free from his house folk, he can now join us!"

W/n took herself off the high rock as BlueStar hopped back onto it, "LongTail, are you alright?"

"That kittypet will pay..." he snarled as he stared at the ginger Tom, "he ruined my good looks!" W/n shook her head and whispered that his looks could never be ruined as BlueStar announces Rusty's new name, FirePaw. BlueStar then cleared her throat, "FirePaw, I have entrusted a special cat to undergo your training, W/n, you will be his mentor."

W/n nodded and stood up and leaned in for FirePaw to touch her nose with his, he gently touched her nose. The clan all greeted him with kindness, all except DarkStripe and LongTail.... TigerClaw had made sure to pass his hatred towards Kittypets to the two toms, even with W/n protests.

GreyPaw then started showing the new apprentice around camp and the p/c she-cat watched them from afar. Until RavenPaw jumped into camp, shaking. "RedTail is dead!"

The clan all felt silent and stared at the black Tom, BlueStar then walked up to him with GreyPaw and FirePaw. "What happened, RavenPaw?!"

"RedTail, TigerClaw and I went to Sunningrocks, however a Riverclan patrol was there, OakHeart was among them," RavenPaw explained, FirePaw and GreyPaw were whispering, "Then a fight broke out a-and then...RedTail-"

The poor Tom's voice trailed off as he hit the floor and fainted, W/n only now noticed the wound on his shoulder, then TigerClaw appeared with RedTail's limp body in his jaws. Everyone let out gasps of shock, "R-RedTail..." W/n murmured.

"He fought well, BlueStar," TigerClaw meowed as he placed the tortoiseshell Tom's body on the grass, "he was killed by OakHeart in battle...I managed to finish him off whilst he was gloating over his victory."

BlueStar nodded and stared at RedTail's body in sorrow, "RedTail has been my deputy for many moons...we will all miss him."

Everyone lowered their heads in respect, W/n could feel the chilling wind flow around her, She opened her eyes and shock flowed through her as she saw RedTail's ghost emerge from us lifeless body and was guided to StarClan by SunStar.

No cat seemed to see this happen as BlueStar then crouched beside her lost deputy, W/n joined her. BlueStar cleared her throat, "since the duties of the clan comes first, I must appoint a new deputy." She leaped onto the high rock, "I say these words before the body of RedTail and our ancestors, so they can hear and approve of my choice, LionHeart will be the new deputy of ThunderClan."